- Bachelor's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
Amended 7-2-18: Monthly Salary
ACCOUNT CLERK I
$2,209.00 per month (SR-06)
ACCOUNT CLERK II
$2,394.00 per month (SR-08)
ACCOUNT CLERK III
$2,688.00 per month (SR-11)
Immediate vacancy is located at Ke Kula 'O 'Ehunuikaimalino (Temporary, Full-Time) in Complex-Konawaena
Employment Opportunities in Temporary Positions
Some vacant positions may be temporary. Temporary positions may be extended year to year, dependent upon funding and departmental needs. Making yourself available for temporary positions increases your employment possibilities and may lead to permanent opportunities. A person hired for a temporary position may also become a temporary employee upon satisfactory completion of the initial probation period of at least six months. Once a temporary employee, you would be eligible to apply for promotion and transfer opportunities to permanent as well as other temporary positions. You may also enjoy other rights and benefits as afforded to an employee in a permanent position, with the exception of return rights and placement rights associated with a reduction-in-force.
Performs a variety of calculating, posting and other moderately complex clerical work in the maintenance of accounts and quantitative records; may supervise and participate in performing simple and repetitive clerical work; and performs other duties as required.
Performs the maintenance of subsidiary ledgers and other complex clerical work in the maintenance of accounts and quantitative records, with or without the use of accounting machines; may supervise and participate in performing moderately complex clerical work; and performs other duties as required.
Maintains control accounts for appropriated and/or non-appropriated funds involving a relatively limited number of accounts and range of kinds of disbursements; may maintain one or more major accounting groupings for a major department; may supervise and participate in the maintenance of subsidiary ledgers; and performs other duties as required.
Applicants must meet all the requirements for the position they are seeking as of the date of the application, unless otherwise specified. Unless specifically indicated, the required education and experience may not be gained concurrently. Note: Calculation of experience is based on full-time, 40-hour workweeks. Part-time experience is pro-rated. Example: Twelve months of experience at 20 hours/week is equivalent to six months of experience, not one year. Also, hours worked in excess of 40 hours/week will not be credited. Example: Twelve months of experience at 60 hours/week is equivalent to one year of experience, not one and a half years.
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements:General Experience:
Six (6) months of work experience which demonstrated knowledge of arithmetic and spelling and possession of the abilities to follow oral and written directions, to write simply and directly and to observe differences in words and numbers quickly and accurately.
None for level I, one (1) year for level II, and for level III, two (2) years of work experience involved in posting to accounting records and other systematizing of fiscal information; i.e., computing, classifying and recording numerical data to keep sets of financial accounting records complete and to derive reports therefrom. Such experience must have demonstrated knowledge of standard accounting classification and terminology pertinent to accounts maintenance operations and office practices and procedures relating to the processing and recording of transactions and accounting information. For levels III, IV and V, this work must have involved reconciling accounts (i.e. checking for errors, balancing, and going back to original source document for verification); and the preparation of standard financial statements.
Experience as an inventory clerk, stock clerk, supply clerk or other related work which is primarily concerned with posting non-fiscal data or checking accuracy of computations and which does not involve or require any fiscal record keeping knowledge is not considered qualifying specialized experience.
Substitution of Education for Experience:
1. Graduation from high school with courses in basic English and arithmetic may be substituted for six (6) months of general experience.
2. Successful completion of a substantially full-time equivalent accounting curriculum leading to a degree or diploma at an accredited business school, community college or other comparable institution which included accounting courses in double-entry procedures in analyzing, recording and summarizing transactions; and the preparation and interpretation of financial statements, may be substituted for specialized experience on the basis of one (1) year of such training for one (1) school year of experience, up to a maximum of two (2) years.
3. Completion of one (1) school year of (more than one-year program) substantially full-time accounting curriculum which normally leads to a degree or diploma at an accredited business school, community college or other comparable institution which included accounting courses in double-entry procedures in analyzing, recording and summarizing transactions; and the preparation and interpretation of financial statements may be substituted for one (1) year of specialized experience.
4. Education in an accredited university in a baccalaureate program may be substituted for specialized experience in the following basis:
A baccalaureate degree in accounting will be deemed to have met the experience requirements for the Account Clerk V level.
Fifteen (15) semester hours of training may be substituted for six (6) months of experience, up to a maximum of three and one-half (3-1/2) years provided the training included at least three (3) credits per semester of accounting courses such as accounting theory and methods used to record and report financial information; analysis of methods for valuing the assets, liabilities, and ownership; etc.
All documents submitted to us become the property of the Department of Education.