This position is responsible for all stages of development and management of workforce development program serving disconnected youth in Delaware County.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage WIOA Youth Program.
- Recruit out-of-school youth, and develop a screening process to identify youth who are likely to comply with the program requirements, attain intended credentials or certifications, and attain program goals.
- Develop relationship with Delaware Technical and Community College, or other educational facility, to ensure participant success with completion of certificate program.
- Coordinate the training at Delaware Technical and Community College or other approved educational institution.
- Secure potential field training sites and coordinate field training placement for program participants.
- Develop necessary relationships with employers in relevant field, and secure employment for participants at program’s end.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and transportation for classes and testing
- Incorporate into program design and provide to program participants the following integral program elements: life skills, financial literacy, job readiness, job development, tutoring, leadership development, and mentorship.
- Provide case management services to youth participating in program, addressing housing and employment needs.
- Provide follow-up services to participants to ensure retention of employment, and assist with advancement of career/educational opportunities.
- Oversee all facets of the program and ensure compliance with program guidelines, goals, and reporting requirements.
- Identify gaps in service areas and underserved areas of the population and develop creative solutions to address those gaps.
- Cultivate relationships with employers, unions, and educational institutions that will benefit the program and potentially develop into future partnerships.
- Develop a network of social service providers, refer program participants to appropriate resources, and provide advocacy and support.
- Identify, document, report, and brainstorm creative ways to overcome systemic barriers to self-sufficiency.
- Document ongoing work with each participant including goal progress, plan updates and client contacts.
- Complete reports including monthly report to CEO and reports relative to participant programs.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Back-up other staff as needed.
- Identify ways to reach Benchmark in this program
- Other duties as required.
- Meet program objectives according to contract.
- Provide excellent supportive services to participants that will result in meeting individual goals addressing education and employment, which will promote self-sufficiency.
- Develop positive relationships with educational institutions and employers.
- Develop and utilize a broad network of resources to best service participants.
- Display a professional role model for participants.
- Maintain accurate and up to date files on all participants.
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Social Work, Psychology or a related field from an accredited college or university. A Master’s Degree is preferable. Requires a minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in the human services field, with at least two years supervisory or program management experience or an appropriate combination of education and experience that fulfills the knowledge and experience base required for this position.
The person in this position must demonstrate outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities and concerns. The individual must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, combined with strong interpersonal skills. The ability to work well with people from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds is crucial to this position. Also required is a valid driver’s license and a solid driving history.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,100.00 to $48,160.00 /year