The Sr. HR Business Partner is responsible for providing Human Resources support in the areas of employee relations, talent acquisition and management, organizational effectiveness, record-keeping, and learning and development. The Sr. HR Business Partner serves as a strategic partner in executing the design, implementation, administration, and monitoring of best practices and programs. This position oversees and provides on-site support for employees at two Michigan facilities: Rochester Hills and Saline.
The Sr. HR Business Partner is responsible for the following:
- Consult with department managers to determine appropriate human resources priorities. Participate in the review of operational business strategy and objectives to determine the implication on human resources objectives.
- Advise management of risks associated with current business practices and recommend improvements by providing expertise to management in local, state, and federal employment laws.
- Improve and develop new HR processes to facilitate the achievement of business objectives.
- Promptly report any compliance-related concerns to the senior human resources management team and work through appropriate resolution.
- Conduct training of human resources objectives to management, including regulatory compliance training, policy and procedures training, and communication initiatives.
- Maintain communication with departments on all human resources related issues.
- Ensure that human resources needs are met in a timely manner at all times.
- Provide the highest level of customer service and accessibility to managers and employees.
- Maintain excellent relationships with both direct business partners and peripheral departments that interact with direct support groups (i.e. closely related departments, payroll, accounting, etc.).
- Provide direction and support to operational management team in developing associates through training, coaching, performance management, and appropriate placement to maintain a high caliber work force.
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence the behavior of associates at all levels of an organization. Serve as an employee advocate in the resolution of workplace issues and/or conflicts.
- Coordinate the performance management program by ensuring performance expectations and policy guidelines are being met and are conducted effectively and in a timely manner.
- Advise management team on the fair and consistent handling of situations requiring discipline.
- Provide strategic staffing and workforce planning services.
- Coach and develop employees at all levels to improve performance and enhance career progression.
- Manage the delivery and execution of human resources related programs.
- Handle various employee relations issues, such as investigating employees’ complaints, resolving employee conflicts, and advising appropriate action to management.
- Responsible for the communication, administration, and development of training and programs that support culture, which includes but is not limited to: new hire orientation, general meetings, round tables, and focus groups.Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) in Human Resources, Business, or related field, with 6+ years of generalist experience required
- PHR, SPHR, or GPHR certification preferred.
Skills and Competencies
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise in: Human Resources Management, Promoting Process Improvement, Building Relationships, Organizational Astuteness, and Learning and Development.
- Must have a strong generalist background – knowledgeable in all areas of human resources.
- Must have strong business acumen and creativity.
- Flexibility, inner strength and excellent interpersonal skills to interact with a range of personalities and styles to establish effective relationships and credibility at all levels.
- Self-motivated, proactive individual capable of working as a member of a team, leading teams, and operating independently.
- Receive very little supervision and is able to schedule priorities independently according to business needs.
- Ability to effectively manage sensitive and confidential situations in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously in an organized manner.
- Must have good operating instincts, good strategic skills, sound business judgment, and the ability to achieve goals by leveraging human resources expertise.
- High level of integrity and the demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
- Excellent presentation/facilitation, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and written/oral communication skills.
- Flexible, innovative in a fast paced, growth-oriented, and time-critical environment.
- Computer proficiency required, e.g., Microsoft Office Suite and ADP HRB experience preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of relevant laws and regulations governing employment practices and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
Computers and Technology
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 5 years (Required)