SEPTA is recruiting for Passenger Service Representatives on its Regional Rail Division. The successful candidates will be responsible for assisting rail passengers, making station announcements and maintaining supplies of schedule and customer service information.
Starting rate of pay is $19.91/hour
- Provide general assistance and information to our customers as required.
- Operate a public address system, and announce in clear, distinct English all information beneficial to Railroad customers.
- Make a daily report of any SEPTA items or facilities requiring maintenance or repairs; report potential safety hazards immediately and take preventative action as necessary.
- Assist, direct and guide Regional Railroad passengers
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess proven customer service experience, dealing directly with the public.
- Must satisfactorily complete SEPTA qualification tests as required (Customer Service Test).
- Must be able to lift timetable boxes, which weight approximately 50 lbs.
- Must have the ability to communicate well verbally and in writing. Speak good, clear, distinct English over public address equipment.
- Courteous manners and a desire to serve the riding public are required.
- Familiarity with the geography and layout of all SEPTA Regional Rail lines is required.
- Familiarity with schedules, including stops and destinations, fare structure, Railroad Division operating rules as they apply to Passenger Services, and SEPTA rules in general is preferred.
SEPTA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.