Under the direction of the Home Care Services Manager, the Care Supervisor will be responsible for the coordination of in-home supportive services (IHSS) to the elderly and people with disabilities requiring assistance to continue to live independently in the community. This position works collaboratively with IHSS, on-site property management and supportive services, hospitals, and other organizations to assist and support clients in attaining their individualized goals. The Care Supervisor will work with clients using the Motivational Care Management model, complete whole person assessments, and create person-centered care plans; while supervising a team of Home Care Providers (HCPs) that provide domestic, personal, and paramedical care to clients. The Care Supervisor is responsible for scheduling all of the client’s home care services, supervising and supporting HCPs, and ensuring the client is receiving high quality, consistent care in compliance with Homebridge’s contract provisions, policies and procedures, and are within the scope of the agency’s resources and mission. The Care Supervisor plays a critical role in helping elders and people with disabilities to remain safely living at home.
Essential Job Functions
Service Coordination & Scheduling
- Maintains a caseload of up to 40 clients and supervises 5-10 HCPs
- Maintains positive collaborative working relationships with clients, Home Care Providers, onsite services, Case Management, health care team, and staff of the Human Services Agency (HSA)
- Receives referrals from IHSS for new clients and complies with IHSS standards for performance
- Conducts whole person assessments in the client's’ homes according to established timelines
- Creates individualized goal-oriented, person-centered Care Plans and Service Plans for each client, including creating regular home care schedules
- Provides care management services, based on the assessments, and IHSS protocols for services; at minimum conducts home visits on a quarterly basis
- Communicates all relevant client and Provider information to the Home Care Services Manager
- Completes all charting, scheduling, and forms on a weekly basis; completes all other documentation in accordance with IHSS and Homebridge protocols for service
Supervision and Support
- Works closely with HCPs to best serve the client, including scheduling to ensure all client hours are being served to meet client needs
- Assesses and supports the work of HCPs while communicating performance issues/successes to the Home Care Services Manager
- Ensures that HCPs are well-trained, able to perform the duties assigned to them
- Employs the “Coach Approach” in working with HCP’s, conducts regular supervision meetings
- Participates on a team that screens, interviews and recommends HCPs for hire
- Meets with HCPs in clients’ homes to support the HCPs
- Responds to calls from HCPs regarding service delivery; makes outgoing calls to HCPs in a timely fashion
- Monitors HCP’s daily schedules, ensuring that they maximize time working with clients
- Ensures that HCPs are given and have full understanding of each client’s Care Plan
- Occasionally assist clients with basic needs in HCP’s absence or when needed at home visit.
- Documents all activities in Procura in real time; files notes in real time
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Is committed to the agency’s mission to delivery of high-quality services
- Computer proficiency using word processing and database programs required
- Requires initiative, the ability to think independently as well as work in a team, and excellent inter-personal skills.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work under pressure, prioritize, problem-solve, and meet deadlines
- Must be creative, flexible and well organized, with good planning abilities
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret memoranda, general business correspondence, and reports
- Ability to clearly and effectively present oral and written information and to respond to questions from a variety of individuals, including but not limited to: other department employees, managers, Home Care Providers, clients and the general public
- Ability to perform basic calculations, including figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages
- Ability to critically analyze, address, and solve complex problems
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form
Education and Experience
College graduate with a BSW or other degree in Behavioral or Social Sciences, experience working in a community social service or home health agency performing case assessments, intervention and developing care plan required or five years equivalent work experience. Previous experience working with and knowledge of older adult and disabled communities preferred.
This position is primarily in the field, overseeing the work of HCPs in clients’ homes. Tasks are also performed in the Homebridge office, at a desk, in a temperature-controlled space, in modular office space or an individual office. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some exposure to physical risk. Exposure to client apartments, rooms, homes and other venues so that services can be provided, client homes may have pets/pet dander and/or cigarette smoke. May include contact with clients with mental health and/or personal hygiene issues.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,500.00 /year
- Case Management: 3 years (Preferred)