McCullough Hall Nursing Center is currently recruiting C.N.A.'s for a 51 bed skilled nursing facility located on the beautiful campus of Our Lady of the Lake Convent. If you are looking for a rewarding career where you can make a real difference, this is the place for you. We offer a competitive salary and 100% paid Medical Benefit for employee. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Summary of Principal and Major Responsibilities: The certified nursing assistant position provides quality nursing care to residents; implements specific procedures and programs; coordinates work within the department, as well as with other departments; reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responds to inquiries or requests for information; and assists the immediate supervisor with tasks to support department operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Provides quality nursing care to residents in an environment that promotes their rights, dignity, freedom of choice and individuality as illustrated by the following:
- Provides individualized attention, which encourages each resident’s ability to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental and psychosocial well-being.
- Is knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents, and provides support to the residents according to their care plan. Contributes to the care planning process by providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information and observations of the residents’ needs and preferences.
- Attends to the individual needs of residents, which may include assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, and range of motion, communicating or other needs in keeping with the individuals’ care requirements.
- Maintains the comfort, privacy, and dignity of residents in the delivery of services to them. Interacts with residents in a manner that displays warmth and promotes a caring environment.
- Fully understands all aspects of residents’ rights, including the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Is responsible for promptly reporting to the charge nurse or administrative staff incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violation of residents’ rights.
- Must be able to receive and relate instructions clearly, both written and verbal
- Must be neat in appearance and have good work habits.
- Must be able to explain situations to whomever concerned.
- Must be able to read and understand the English language when reading copy or ordering supplies.
- Must follow policies and procedures of the organization to include safety and health guidelines.
- Must have a good memory for details and be able to work under pressure or emergency conditions.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to act under the authority of a person holding current state vocational/registered nurse license/certified medication aide.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One year of experience in working in elderly care preferred.
- C.N.A. certification
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 per hour
- Certified Nursing Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- McCullough Hall Nursing Center
Company's Facebook page:
- McCullough Hall Nursing Center