Cybereason gives organizations the upper hand by taking an entirely new approach to cybersecurity with AI Hunting, the first AI-powered technology that answers the question "Am I under attack?" proactively, without manual effort.
We are a company that wins as one. We are daring, always evolving, and never give up. Most importantly we accept our employee for who they are and embrace people that may not fit the typical mold #UBU.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Controller, who can play a strong leadership role in bringing best practices to Cybereason across financial processes, controls and systems, and contribute sustained, profitable growth. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. They must be hands-on, adaptive and exhibit the capacity and management skills to drive continuous improvement in the performance of the accounting team, and effectively partner with the business team.
Reporting to the CFO, the Controller's primary responsibilities will include managing the accounting team in all facets of accounting and financial reporting, financial processes and internal controls, financial systems implementations, payroll, cash management and banking relationships, and managing the annual audit performed by the company's independent accountant firm.
- Develop and lead accounting team.
- Deliver accurate and timely results for the month-end close.
- Responsible for the accuracy of information stored in the ERP, related to sales orders, contract management, customers, vendors, employees, etc.
- Perform and oversee account reconciliations, and income statement trend analyses.
- Prepare, review and approve journal entries.
- Analyze actual results against the budget/forecast and provide relevant, meaningful variance analysis to management team.
- Manage the annual audit and tax work-paper preparation as the point of contact for the auditors/tax professionals.
- Streamline internal processes; recommend more efficient processes and procedures.
- Manage and participate in billing process.
- Cultivate relationships with other departments by being exceptionally customer service oriented.
- Ad hoc projects as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years as a Corporate Controller. Mix of both private and public company controllership experience highly desirable.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance; CPA required.
- 10 years minimum accounting and finance experience. Technology based service business experience a strong plus.
- Track record building high performing teams and driving and managing continuous improvement in financial reporting, cross-functional processes and systems in a rapidly growing business.
- SaaS based GL experience strongly preferred (NetSuite)
- Exceptional communication and organization, project management and communication skills; strong sense of urgency and commitment to high standards of excellence.
- Well developed financial and business acumen, analytical skills.
- Effective at partnering with the operational side of the business.
- Experience at a public company is desirable.
MORE ABOUT OUR TEAM
We want diverse skill sets and smart people, so we can learn from each other and solve interesting/difficult problems. We don't just click the same buttons over and over. We work both independently and collaboratively with the common goal of achieving excellence and never being satisfied with mediocrity.
MORE ABOUT THE PERKS
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some killer perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, plenty of food and drinks (including beer and soda), work from home options, generous employer-paid insurance coverage for you and your family, 401k and more.