We have a newly created opportunity for a Personal Assistant to join our family and salon! This role will report into our owner while working remotely and on rare occasion at the salons or home office in Fairfield County, CT.
You will be the owners true right-hand person on work and family life. Personal Assistant will be responsible for high priority main areas - time (calendars); organizing; making appointments for owner and salon, coordinating special events for the salon, travel for the owner; business & light finance; recruitment and hiring assisting, errands; and help with keeping owners busy life easier. You will also be involved with assisting on design concepts for our new beautiful salon locations we are starting.
The hours will be flexible with the occasional weekends when needed. We are looking at between 20 to 30 hours per week depending on that weeks work load.
- Manage access to Employer by screening, drafting, and issuing correspondence on their behalf (Ex. phone, email, mail)
- Maintain owners calendar, scheduling meetings, confirming and booking appointments
- Includes work meetings
- Prioritize, de-conflict and schedule according to owners style & preferences
- Includes personal appointments, household appointments/repairs, vendors, pet grooming/vet
- Includes maintaining salon special calendars for birthday parties and bridal events* Work directly with clients for special services.
- Setting up and maintaining an organizational system (i.e. filing, database/CRM, records). Include both electronic (google) as well as physical filing for salon business filings
- Read and organize business and personal har mail and emails including bills, requests for donations, invitations, events (arts, culture, entertainment), statements, confirmations, personal letters, and personal greeting cards
- Arrange vendors for events and activities around holidays, parties
- Develop a task tracker with categories in a shared system (Asana, Google sheets, Notion, Evernote)
- Liaise with staff and management on a weekly basis * Set Meetings and Organize Agenda
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements, transportation, meals, and accommodation as needed; create detailed itineraries and ensure visas, passports, etc. are up-to-date * Bookkeep, manage expenses, and bill-paying
- Health Insurance submissions application for staff and set up meetings with broker and staff on related subjects.
- Company expense reimbursements * Run errands for salon and owner when needed, manage inventory and purchasing household items, and personal shopping when needed.
- Weekly communication with salon managers. Keep a “returns spreadsheet tracker” for reimbursements, daily cash counts, deposit management on salon and approving spending for each location.
- Personal shopper - such as gifts, household items, salon morale gifts.
- Assist with some social media duties, PR, and marketing for personal and professional business.
- 2-5 years of experience in a professional setting in an administrative role
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, Master Preferred
- Motivated and enthusiastic self-starter who works on own initiative with light supervision.
- Confident and positive, high-energy, capable of easily interacting with senior management on the business side and teachers and other moms on the personal side.
- Loves fashion, design and all things girly and has a passion for organization
- Fluent in English (written, verbal) while being a excellent communicator.
- Polished and can serve as a brand ambassador for our high end brand when needed.
- Critical Skills:
- Flexible and willing to get involved in many different aspects of the home & business as required.
- Superior time management and organizational skills; ability to multi-task
- Internet savvy
- Advanced skills in calendar management in Google Calendar, Google Sheets, Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Diplomacy and tact; confidentiality and discretion are paramount
- Service mindset; eager to help and go the extra mile
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and give direction to others
- Ability to meet deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Strong follow-up skills
- Advanced proficiency in technology and social media
- An interest in, and understanding of, project management techniques
- Experience in accounting
- Experience with Dropbox, Google Docs, task management tools
- Simple budgeting using QuickBooks and simple spreadsheets
- Interest in interior design
What you’ll get:
- Competitive pay
- Smart, passionate, and warm employer who cares about you and your development
- A fun environment that is always fresh and changing
- Learn new skills - we invest in you
- Incredible perks at the salons
- Great references
Job Type: Part-time
- Relevant: 1 years (Required)
- Personal Assistant: 2 years (Preferred)
- College student or Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Fairfield County, CT ( can live anywhere)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Mornings (Required)
- Some weekends (Preferred)
Hours per Week:
- Remote - Must have a great home office with high speed internet and laptop or computer along with cell phone
- Some Saturdays and Sundays
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused