SUMMARY OF THE JOB
Administer Human Resources policies and procedures, with primary focus on hourly payroll.Compile and maintain personnel records. Record data for each employee, such as address, weekly earnings, absences, supervisory reports, and date of and reason for termination. May prepare reports for employment records, file employment records, or search employee files and furnish information to authorized persons.
1. Processes paperwork for payroll based on vacation request, sick pay, and incentive pay. Manages and track leave and paid time off in the HR systems, such as vacation, sick, and leave of absence. Review time and attendance records for completeness and accuracy for all hourly employees. Manage all benefit bills and insure payments as well accuracy in billing.
2. Prepare weekly payroll for processing through in house system. Review time clock and correct missed punches. Upload to payroll system and enter any differentials and check for accuracy in hours and deductions. Assist with compensation and benefits planning and administration including coordination of annual open enrollment, changes in coverage and reconciliation with benefit providers
3. Prepare required weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as well as special reports as requested. Close weekly payroll by upload and approving payments for 401k, 401k loans, HSA, and Child support on weekly basis in a timely manner
4. Assist with onboarding of all new employees, including new employee orientation, explanation of benefits, explanation of company policies, practices and procedures, verifying I-9 forms. Assist in development of policies and procedures. Assist in creation of new employee job descriptions and maintain current job descriptions. Coordinate COBRA and other benefits for terminated employees.
5. Making access/timecard for new employees, assisting Managers in the navigation of the time clock system. Manage all
1. Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
2. Comply with and enforce all company policies, practices and procedures. Practice personal safety and follow all area safety practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Safety Manager.
3. Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
4. Perform other duties as requested
Receives guidance with respect to general objectives; in the majority of tasks and projects assigned determines methods, work sequence, scheduling, and how to achieve objectives of assignments; operates within specific policy guidelines. Requires knowledge of and compliance with company policies and procedures.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school and four (4) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires experience with HR databases and HRIS systems. Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred.
Requires proficient personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Powerpoint)
Job requires knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and human resource information systems. Requires knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, and agency rules. Requires knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction. Requires knowledge of
administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology. Ability to select and use training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things. Requires giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. Employee must be able to work in a team environment. Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a cooperative attitude. Requires solid organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking skills and time management skills. Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks. Job requires being reliable, respectful, responsible and dependable. Requires the ability to handle data with confidentiality.
Requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form. Requires using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, financial reports, and legal documents. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Job requires the ability to speak clearly so others can understand you and the ability to identify and understand the speech of another person. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, groups of supervisors or employees of organization.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand or walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 lbs. The employee must have manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
Normal work week is 40 hours, Monday – Friday. Employees may be required to work overtime, weekends and/or to alter daily schedule to meet the needs of the business.
Job Type: Full-time