This position is responsible for the shipping and receiving operations for the pharmacy. Position tracks and resolves potential delays and issues with all shipment orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for appropriately packaging outgoing prescriptions and orders per shipping procedures and protocols
- Generates shipping labels for patient packages for all shipping methods
- Accurately labels patient packages for shipping
- Organize and arrange all shipping and packing material including ice pack boxes and insulated mailers.
- Deliver all non-pharmacy packages to intended recipients throughout office building
- Assist with any shipping related projects or tasks
- Maintains work area in a neat and productive manner.
- Handles and documents all shipping exception emails.
- Complete temperature testing, must be performed/sent out and documented weekly.
- Adhere to OSHA and company health and safety compliance procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Skills, Abilities & Competencies:
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a strong work ethic and be efficient in their work.
- Must have a positive and supportive attitude.
- Must be able to work in a teamwork oriented working environment.
- Ability to learn and complete new tasks and follow directions of others.
- Strong ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Preferred experience with pharmacy management software and must have ability to work with computers