We are hiring a Senior Security Analyst
Security Program Experience:
Leadership experience with CMS MARS-E or other FISMA Risk Management Framework (RMF) compliant programs is strongly desired and will be given the highest weight. Experience should include well documented success in the development and maintenance of System Security Plans, Privacy Impact Assessments, Interconnection Security Agreements, Computer Matching Agreements, and related interviews and audit/assessment activities to complete and verify these and other RMF/Assessment and Authorization (A&A) tasks and artifacts.
Experience with development and integration of RMF/A&A tasks and artifacts in RMF type roles such as; Information System Secuirty Officer, Information Security Architect, Security Control Assessor, etc... into the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is ideal.
Experience in security as related to Cloud services and vendor management is considered desirable for this position.
Hands on experience with any or all of the following technologies would be considered a desirable for this position:
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- RSA Archer
- Enterprise NoSQL Database
- IBM System 390/zSeries
- Linux and Windows servers
- Network Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) , Switching and Routing Infrastructure
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions
1. Perform detailed architectural reviews and risk analysis of security related requests in order to make sound
decision making recommendations, such as:
a. Network Design and Information Flow
b. System and Data Access Models
c. Review Firewall Rule Requests (Ports, Protocols and Services)
d. Baseline Configuration Management Deviation Requests
e. Vulnerability Management
2. Champion the design, development, implementation and/or ongoing maturation of SCDHHS security and
3. Audit and Assess internal agency systems as well as business partner/service provider information system
4. Utilize Microsoft Office software suite, System Center Service Manager (Ticketing system), RSA Archer
eGRC system, Bizagi, Atlassian and other products to document and report on information gathered during
Audit and Assessment activities or other OIA efforts.
5. Perform security and compliance reviews of Contracts, Business Associate Agreements, Data
Usage/Sharing Agreements and other type documents and artifacts.
6. Serve as primary point of contact for third-party audits and/or assessments of agency and business
7. Collaborate with agency leadership, business partners and other parties/stakeholders to provide
recommendations for security and compliance risk mitigation efforts.
1. Must have a strong working knowledge of FISMA, NIST, CMS MARS-E and HIPAA Security and Privacy.
2. 5+ years of experience in I.T. working with and/or auditing IBM System 390/zSeries, Windows, Linux,
Databases (Relational and Non-Relational), Networking Infrastructure and Web-based Applications.
3. ISC(2), ISACA, SANS GIAC and/or other Information Security Certification is required.
4. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
5. Ability to collaborate and coordinate with multiple teams and vendors.
6. Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines.
7. Experience and training with eGRC solutions.
8. Ability to engage diverse audiences of varying technical and non-technical skill-levels to ensure effective
alignment of technical requirements to business objectives.
9. Ability to collaborate and coordinate efforts amongst multiple teams and vendors in fulfillment of SCDHHS
10. Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines in a results-oriented
11. Must have intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) to
include working with templates and style guidelines for branding consistency.
12. Keen attention to detail while maintaining the ability to see the big picture.
13. Ability to absorb, retain and communicate complex processes.
14. Ability to accept changes and constructive criticism and remain flexible in dealing with leadership and
teams of varying technical and business knowledge.
1. BS degree in computer science or similar discipline.
2. Prior experience working within a FISMA compliant program.
3. Prior experience in working with any eGRC systems.
4. Prior Health Information Technology experience.
5. Prior ITIL experience in the area of Information Security Management.
1. ISC(2), ISACA, SANS GIAC and/or other Information Security Certification is required.
1. BS degree in computer science or similar discipline.
About Peer Solutions Group, Inc.
Peer Solutions Group, a full-service, Minority Certified (MBE) IT Services company founded by professionals with hands on experience in Staffing, Recruiting, Project Management, Technology and Consulting. Since the past 10+ years, we have helped our customers strengthen their competitive advantage, reduce operational costs, and improve efficiency by providing our Personalized Effective Efficient Reliable services with integrity, intellectual growth, quality, respect and positive thinking. Our core capabilities include but are not limited to:
Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Business Process Analysis, Re-engineering and Automation
Cyber Security Consulting
Project Management Consulting
Custom Application Development/Programming
IT Staffing - Contract & Permanent
Peer Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing the right opportunities for the right people. We have a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation where our employees can make a difference. We are looking for like-minded, dynamic individuals to come and join our rapidly expanding team.