Work From Home
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
At HCA Healthcare, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional a la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medical and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Scheduler to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
As a Scheduler, you will be responsible for scheduling patient testing/procedures/admissions; obtaining pre-cert/authorization numbers and entering in the scheduling or registration system; obtaining and entering accurate insurance information; answering incoming phone calls.
What you will do in this role:
- Answer incoming calls in a timely and professional manner
- Schedules all patients for ancillary, surgical and medical testing/procedures through the applicable scheduling module (i.e. Meditech)
- Select accurate insurance carrier plans and informs the patient or physician office staff of any carrier that is out of network
- Inform the physician office staff or patient of any testing requirements according to the instructions and queries in the scheduling module
- Ensure that any edits are performed in the scheduling module
- Ensure physician orders are indexed appropriately
- Maintain knowledge of the scheduling reports for the next day to ensure department readiness in the event of any unscheduled Meditech down-time
- Work closely with the physician office staff to ensure that pre-cert/authorization numbers are entered in the scheduling or registration system
- Select the correct patient medical record number consistently
- Maintain open communication with the registration staff regarding those unscheduled patients presenting for services to ensure appropriate testing is performed and times are available
High school diploma or GED required.
One year of related experience required.
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.