Job Title: Conference Services Manager
Department: Sales and Marketing
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Director of Catering or Director of Sales
The Conference Service & Sales Manager has overall responsibility for all methods of client communication and on site meeting, greeting, touring, planning, presenting menus, pricing and conveyance to client of hotel and meeting policies that are in the best interest and profitability for hotel. Workdays vary as dictated by business needs, and include weekends and holidays.
- Represent the hotel to potential customers to promote sales of meetings/conventions and food and beverage services.
- Negotiate contract with existing and potential customers and vendors from within the guidelines set forth.
- Manage customer services via site visits, board meetings, menu testing, and planning meetings for definite and potential groups.
- Provide/assist direction and supervision of meeting and/or catering logistics to affected departments and team members.
- Manage customer relationships in a proactive manner relative to payment structure, room block management, food and beverage, public room rental and exhibit hall fees, incremental and affiliate revenue streams, performance damages and master billing process.
- Analyze the service and product needs of the customer and the financial issues of in-house groups.
- Prepare and follow-up with VIP guest amenities as requested and/or required by client and/or as directed by hotel management staff.
- Authorize on behalf of the General Manager appropriate resolution of customer concerns while maintaining profitability.
- Prepare reports such as but not limited to: Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s) group resumes, DELPHI reports and input as instructed, rooming lists, correspondence, and analysis relative to group activity (i.e. activity checklist, call reports, forecast evaluations, menu proposals, written customer correspondence, resume, report of convention, and internal memos or communications).
- Sales duties to include menu up-selling, general client solicitation, and/or catering sales based on the needs of the hotel and assigned by the Director of Catering and/or Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Participate in internal and external meetings as determined by the Director of Catering (i.e. forecast, menu review, department, pre-cons, operational department pre-shift, etc.).
- Communicate daily with banquet, kitchen and setup service staff.
- Participate in internal and external training and industry
- Participate in development and measurement of personal and team goals and action plans.
- Complies with all Federal and State employment laws and regulations.
- Minimum two to three years’ experience in hotel catering/conference services operations and/or sales or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Experience in meeting deadlines and multiple priorities of business demands as required. Possess basic knowledge of business contracts.
- Able to work with little or no supervision. Operate office equipment such as, but not limited to printers, fax machine and copiers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including leading and participating in formal presentations. Strong negotiation skills as well as the ability to cultivate leads, build relations, and close the deal.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Strong computer skills. Microsoft Office, Delphi, other programs as it pertains to this position.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong desire to deliver high quality of customer service.
- Detail oriented and organized as it pertains to accuracy and efficiency.
- Good personnel and management and organizational skills.
Employees must fulfill their performance standards for this position and comply with the policies, rules and procedures of The hotel, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees. The job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the hotel. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments requested by supervisors, managers or other hotel/company officials.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $23.00 /hour
- Event Planning: 2 years (Preferred)