FORT DEARBORN ENTERPRISES - PURCHASER (INDUSTRIAL)
Fort Dearborn, a growing full-line industrial distributor headquartered in Bellwood, Illinois, is looking for a full-time Industrial Purchaser to support high business volume through ordering supplies and equipment. Please review the responsibilities and qualifications below carefully before applying.
- Prepare accurate and complete purchase orders for supplies, materials, and raw goods
- Work closely with the sales department and quickly procure items requested by various employees to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner
- Maintain detailed records of purchases, including quantities, shipping information, and costs associated with the purchase throughout the procurement process
- Schedule incoming and outgoing shipments
- Speak directly with vendor representatives to gather pricing data, compare vendor offers for shipping rates and material prices, and maintain vendor contact information
- Follow up with vendors to check in on late or missing shipments or to report damaged goods.
- Monitor inventory levels and determine when to reorder certain items
- Use computerized inventory management software and also conduct visual inspections of inventory levels
- Assist customers picking up orders or looking around our public showroom
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in purchasing/procurement
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- College/other education preferred (Associates Degree, Procurement Professional Certification)
- Knowledge in manufacturing, industrial distribution, construction or related industry
- Learns Quickly - become a proficient user of inventory/accounting system
- Previous experience using some type of inventory or accounting software
- Basic computer and technical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Time management and prioritization skills, sense of urgency in high volume/face-paced environment.
- Support organizational goals and help drive growth
- Ability to manage key relationships with customer and vendors
- Team-oriented - work with others to deliver quality service
- Detail-oriented, accurate, punctual
- Strong communication and listening skills
Fort Dearborn Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Our goal is to provide customers with lower supply-chain costs. We achieve this by providing sourcing, inspection, inventory control/monitoring, and elimination of vendors. Fort Dearborn offers a wide range of products including; power tools, abrasives, fasteners, PPE, janitorial supplies, material handling & moving equipment, promotional apparel, signage, etc. Our vendor list includes numerous industry-trusted brand names: Milwaukee Tool, Dewalt, Chicago Pneumatic, RIDGID, Rustoleum and Werner Ladder Co. We also provide services such as Industrial Vending, VMI, just-in-time, job site training with vendor representatives, engineering support, creative design (promo graphics), and printing. Visit www.fortdearbornsupply.com or connect with us on LinkedIn to learn more about us, our business, products, services, and vendors.
Job Type: Full-time
- Purchasing: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)