Ewald & Wasserman Research Consultants are looking for part-time field interviewers to assist in data collection for upcoming short research projects in the Bay Area and some other Northern CA counties. We are a survey research firm that provides research design, data collection and statistical analysis for a broad range of clients.
Candidates applying should have a keen eye for detail, the ability to follow directions, and to work very well independently or in a small team.This is a great opportunity to learn about data collection and research practices. It is ideal for candidates with flexible schedules, positive, "can do" attitudes and a desire to learn about research.
This is a position for someone who is friendly and likes to drive to different locations and collect very meticulous data using paper survey or an ipad or similar device. Some examples of the type of research that we collect data for: traffic safety, tobacco prevention, educational studies, and evaluation of health care programs.
Most projects require the use of a car, and familiarity with Bay Area counties. We have a statewide project beginning in July 2018 that requires doing brief surveys with a partner or small team in select locations throughout Northern CA. This is a project position that will last for approximately 1 month.
The rate of pay is $18 per hour and you are reimbursed for mileage if using your own car OR are asked to rent a car for which you are reimbursed. There is always a paid training prior to the start of the project.There is always the possibility of future project work with our company.
Bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Requirements for this position:
- Extremely well organized
- Ability to work well independently
- Able to clearly follow directions and protocol
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to be accessible and responsive to main field office supervisor while on assignment
- Ability to locate addresses using maps, GPS, and hand-held computer devices
- Valid driver's license- Current car insurance (if you have car)
- Comfortable being in diverse geographic areas
- Background in social science, psychology, research
- Flexible schedule/ability to work weekends
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check
Do not send an email directly to our company. Please send your information via the link on Indeed.com
If interested, specify "Field Interviewer Position -- Bay Area" in subject line of your email and please ATTACH your resume.
1) What date can you start?
2) About how many hours per week are you free for work?
3) Where do you live in CA?
4) Do you have a car that can be used for project work?
5) Have you ever rented a car before?
6) What is the telephone number where you can be reached for a brief phone call?
Thank you for your interest in our company.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $18.00 /hour