- Contribute to and build tools, frameworks, and other infrastructure needed to support automation.
- Participates in technical design sessions and writing technical design documents.
- Design and implementation of automation frameworks.
- Design, code, and implement automated tests in Java.
- Proactively solve problems and suggest process improvements.
- Create, maintain, and execute functional, regression, and exploratory tests.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as PD and PM in understanding the requirements for writing and running tests in a live environment.
- Report defects in a timely fashion and work with the Development team to manage defects until issues are resolved.
- Provide test case coverage and defect metrics to substantiate release decisions.
- Assist in on-going process improvement efforts related to Quality.
- Proactively create test cases for the known defects and integrate them into the test suite.
- Mentor junior engineers to build their skills and contribution levels.
- Proven working experience in testing & automation.
- 8+ years of experience in software quality engineering.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with Java for at least 5 years.
- Proficient with Java & Selenium WebDriver.
- Proficient in service automation and automation framework development (Selenium or NeMo).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, iterative development environment with short turn-around times.
- Ability to think logically, diagnose/triage.
- Solid working knowledge of Web / Batch Applications.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Agile experience is desired.
- Development background is a plus.
- BS in Computer Science or Equivalent.
Job Type: Contract