Airbus Americas, Inc
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Volunteer for International Experience (VIE) program is an international program sponsored by the French Ministry of Economy, Finance and Employment, open to Airbus to offer young professionals the opportunity to have valuable paid work experience abroad in a technical or business function.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria.
VIE Main Requirements:
For more information:
- European Union citizens (plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein), graduates up to 28 years old
- Have fulfilled military obligations for their country.
- Fluent in English.
http://www.civiweb.com/international/default.html (in English, German, Italian and Spanish)
An 18 month's VIE as communication officer starting from 1st October 2019 has arisen within Airbus Latin America & Caribbean Division in Miami, USA.
In this position, you will report to Airbus Head of Communications, Latin America & Internal Communications Director, Airbus Americas.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
Be the Communications point of contact for the Airbus Latin America offices in Miami (Blue Lagoon) providing communications support to the internal stakeholders and identifying internal communications opportunities
Be the Communications point of contact for the Miami Training Center spending one day a week at the location
Manage content development for all internal communications, including "The Hub" (Airbus Intranet), "Airbus TV" (Airbus internal television network), and others
Be an ambassador of Airbus digital transformation and G Suite transition, be an ambassador of new ways of working
Be part of Airbus Americas Internal Communications network, provide direct support to Internal Communications Program Lead
Manage/Moderate Airbus Americas future Intranet community
Manage "Noticias" (Airbus Latin America online customer newsletter released in English and Spanish): editorial committee, translation, publication, release, diffusion
Review and compile PR agency international communication monthly report.
Coordinate community relations activities for Airbus Latin America and Training Center (both in Miami), including facility visits, simulator sessions, etc.
Provide support to Latin America External Communications Manager during events exhibitions and demo tour planning.
Review sponsorship proposals, make a recommendation on way forward
Participate in regional comms planning activities.
Responsibility & Sustainability
Support and coordinate Responsibility and Sustainability Committee in Latin America with deployment of strategy and activities
Maintain customer gift inventory and website
Advise on unique gift ideas for Airbus customers
Manage the production of 'special' customer promotional items
Organize and/or provide logistical support at events
Manage mass mailings, event invitations, RSVPs, etc
Maintain updated contact lists for regional PR network, vendors and PR-counterparts of Airbus operators
Maintain updated Airbus Latin America assets:
press backgrounder, website, brochure…
Serves as back up to department assistant on all procurement, accounting and sponsorships matters
Design and publish invitations, event programs, brochures, create videos.
This role will involve regular commutes several times a month for business between Airbus Latin America Offices in Blue Lagoon and the Miami Training Center.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a 5 year's degree in Communication
- At least 12 months of professional communications experience (internal/workplace communications a plus)
- Journalism and Communications majors encouraged to apply
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook, Adobe Photoshop and Premiere
- Comfortable using photography and desktop publishing tools
- Aviation knowledge/interest a plus.
- Digitally savvy with experience in multimedia a must
- Able to multitask and work under pressure
- Writing skills: You need excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the ability to write stories in a news style format (in English and Spanish)
- Interested in working with diverse cultures from Latin America and the Caribbean
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented, highly organized, and strong ability to multitask and meet deadline
- Creative skills
- Confidence, Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Portuguese and/or French would a plus