- This is an over hire position, therefore eligible candidates must be willing to reside in the Indianapolis, IN area and must be willing to then relocate anywhere in the Indianapolis, IN District as needed by the business.
Do you love sales? Do you want to work with amazing brands?
Check out our newest Reese’s product coming soon:
As a Retail Sales Representative you will ensure flawless execution of store level sales and promotion plans with customer retailers in assigned territory. The territory consists of high volume food chain grocers and mass merchandiser customers. You will master retail execution plans by driving incremental sales, implementing and maintaining best-in-class promotional and merchandising strategies, and ensuring 100% distribution on authorized Hershey items across all classes of trade.
Customer Relationship Development and Management:
- Drive Customer Points of Sale through Consultative Business Partnering
Build and maintain consultative business relationships with customer Key Decision Makers (KDMs) at all levels. Partner with KDMs to develop and execute a detailed action plan to increase and improve sales results within their stores based on sales analytics and best practices. Cultivate a network of influential contacts at all levels of internal and external customers to achieve sales objectives within assigned territory. Use strategic relationship with KDMs to influence and negotiate customers’ assistance in the merchandising of Hershey products.
Data Analysis and Sales Call Preparation:
Prepare for retail sales calls by obtaining and analyzing relevant store, product and market data and creating effective selling tools and presentations for KDM delivery during call. Utilize and complete pre-call planning methods and other company tools. Review and make recommendations to the District sales manager to modify routes that maximize business efficiencies for all sales calls within territory.
Engage in forward selling utilizing consultative sales techniques of predetermined customer sales plans with store and market KDMs in every retail sales call, using provided data sources, technology, processes and procedures. Maximize sales and display opportunities by conducting store walk-throughs and gaining commitment by KDMs on successful outcomes. Tailor selling and consultative strategies to influence KDMs to order additional products to increase incremental sales and to obtain best in class quality of merchandising locations of promotional products.
Achieve all merchandising objectives executing customer specific promotional plans through the effective use of forward selling and maintaining permanent secondary displays and other display vehicles established within the Retail Execution Plan. Insure new items are placed on the shelf and out of stocks are addressed and corrected in every call.
- Administrative Responsibilities
Complete and submit electronic and/or written reports of daily and weekly activities, expenses, competitive activity, account changes, promotions and all administrative functions within assigned territory using company approved methods and technology
- Strategy Development & Process Improvement
Develop and recommend strategies aimed to improve the overall effectiveness of the territory, district and/or area business activities. As requested, drive advocate partnerships within the assigned category.
This is a non-exhaustive list of duties, as some RSRs may perform additional or different duties depending on, among other things, their education, work experience, assigned supervisor, personal preferences, customers, territory, and other factors. Moreover, depending on these and other factors, different RSRs may devote more or less time to any given responsibility.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree Preferred
Bachelors Degree or HS Diploma/GED and 3 or more years recent sales or customer service experience required
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities
- Must have a valid US state issued driver’s license
- Must reside within territory boundaries
- Must be able to drive long distances to make multiple sales calls on a daily basis
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and overnight stays as required by the territory
- Must be able to lift 10-40 lbs. on a regular basis with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop down and demonstrate manual dexterity on a frequent basis with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to use tablet technology; some roles will require an intermediate level of computer skills with the Microsoft Office products
- Must have daily access to wireless internet
- Must have flexibility and adaptability to changes in territory coverage
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans