Posting Detail Information
Position # 00033366
Position Title Grants and Contracts Associate
Working Position Title Grants and Contracts Associate
Posting Type Civil Service
This position is responsible for all budgeting, accounting, monitoring, compliance, cash management, financial and other non-technical reporting, and auditing functions relating to sponsored agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
The person in this position works under direction of the Associate Director, but has a large degree of latitude in exercising individual judgment while complying with Federal, State, and University fiscal policies and practices.
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, economics or a field related to the position.
Must demonstrate at least one year of experience working with budgets, spreadsheets, and financial processes in an office setting.
Education and Experience Preferred
Master’s degree in a field related to the position;
CPA, CRA, or CFRA;
Experience working in research administration in a higher education setting;
Post award grants experience including financial reporting and cost accounting;
Knowledge of PeopleSoft, InfoEd, OnBase;
Experience with data analytics and database reporting
Working Hours M-F 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Hiring rate/range Commensurate with experience and internal equity
Posting Date 11/14/2018
Closing Date 01/04/2019
Priority Review Date
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Fully complete the Education and Work History sections of the application. Be specific on your entire work history, including the employment dates and duties for all positions held.
- Transcripts are required to be uploaded (if multiple transcripts, please attach each transcript in a separate PDF file) at the time of application. Please note: Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; official transcripts will be required if hired.
- Once your complete application is submitted, it will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this classification.
- Please monitor your e-mail for further information regarding your application status.
- The Civil Service examination for this classification is based on your application materials. If you meet the minimum required qualifications for this position, you will receive a score calculated from your education and experience, and your name will be placed on the active employment register by exam score. After the application deadline, the names within the top three scores will be referred to the department for interview. Once this position has been filled, all names will be removed from the employment register in accordance with SUCSS rule 250.60h10.
- If eligible for veteran’s preference points, DD214 paperwork reflecting an Honorable discharge MUST be emailed (email@example.com), faxed (815-753-2335), or hand delivered to Human Resources prior to the posting deadline date in order to receive the maximum eligible points on the Civil Service examination:
Vicky Guzman (Grants and Contracts Associate, #33366)
Northern Illinois University
1515 W. Lincoln Highway
DeKalb, IL 60115
- Employment is contingent upon your passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Link to Department Homepage http://niu.edu/divresearch/funding/index.shtml
In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Is Background Check Required Yes
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
NIU remains committed to ensuring that its recruitment and application procedures include full opportunities for applicants with disabilities. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make accommodations for a person’s disability during either the application or interview process. An applicant who believes they require an accommodation to participate in the employment process due to a disability may request that accommodation through the Accommodation Request Form. This form can be obtained by contacting the Office of Academic Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ADEI) at 815-753-8399.
Clery Act Information
N.I.U. provides information regarding campus security, personal and fire safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, emergency response procedures and crime reporting policies, in addition to crime and fire statistics for the most recent three calendar years. The Annual Security Report containing security and safety information is available at www.safety.niu.edu/clery or by contacting the University Police Department and Public Safety Department at 815-753-9628 to receive a hard copy. The Annual Fire Safety Report is available at www.niu.edu/clery/fire_report.pdf or by contacting the Environmental Health and Safety Department at 815-753-0404 to receive a hard copy.
Quick Link http://employment.niu.edu/postings/38848