Carlsbad Caverns Trading Company, (CCTC), located in the splendor of the Chihuahuan Desert in Carlsbad Caverns National Park, is seeking a Retail Manager to join our talented management team in providing exceptional customer service and hospitality to the visitors of the Park.
You’ll spend your time working in the beauty of this national treasure alongside talented team members committed to protecting the environment and providing extraordinary hospitality to visitors from around the world.
Enjoy competitive pay and benefits!!!
Summary of Responsibilities: Provide leadership within the retail and warehouse environments ensuring success in achieving sales goals, managing appropriate levels of inventory, employee development and exceeding customer service goals per company policy.
- Maintain consistent delivery of excellent products working closely with Corporate buyers
- Effective recruiting, hiring and training of staff
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting
- Manage and maintain appropriate levels of retail merchandise and display appropriately per company guidelines
- Regularly evaluate product performance and make recommendations to management for improvement
- Maintain inventory and cash controls
- Manage labor costs through effective scheduling and time management
- Work closely with Retail Receiver to ensure accuracy and efficiency at all times
- Collaborate with Cafe team to assist with deli ordering and receiving
- Adhere to all safety standards
Experience, Skills & Education
- Must be self motivated with a desire to perform at the highest level at all times
- Flexible and adaptable
- Possess strong leadership skills with proven ability to effectively recruit, hire, train and motivate staff
- Possess excellent analytical and problem resolution skills
- Possess financial background with ability to identify opportunities for revenue enhancement- Possess excellent customer service and people skills to build strong performing teams
- Ability to spend majority of time standing, in a fast-paced environment
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills- Position involves frequent bending, twisting, lifting (up to 40 lbs) and squatting
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality, Business or related field
Experience: Minimum 5 (five) years successful retail sales/business management, POS
Carlsbad Caverns Trading is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Job Type: Full-time