Thank you for your interest in CBRE. This position is being published in an effort to build our candidate pipeline for our upcoming opportunities. If an opportunity opens that matches your qualifications, we will reach out to you at that time. We are growing a world-class organization with a world-class team and appreciate your interest in CBRE.
Sr. Design & Construction Owners Representative / Project Manager manages all aspects of design oversight, entitlements/permitting, construction services procurement, and construction contract administration. Must possess demonstrated ability to oversee all general contractor and vendor activities, and ensure vendor compliance to construction agreements while also having the ability to manage the overall project budget & schedule for 2 - 3 story office buildings. This is an on-site role; must be on-site Monday through Friday.
The purpose of this position is to manage and lead a staff responsible for individual, multi-disciplined real estate project solutions for clients, with direct accountability for project delivery.
Characteristics of responsible projects:
Long term (months to year(s))
Typically >$2 Million USD
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and establish the Master Project Schedule, based on the Critical Path and Key Project
Milestones, then update and enforce team compliance during project life.
- Create and establish the Master Project Budget, including soft costs and hard costs,
bonds, insurance, contingencies, allowances, etc.
- Contractor pre-qualification, bid solicitation, bid analysis and recommendations
- Contract negotiation, typically in concert with the Client’s PM and legal counsel, including establishment of design consultants and all GC “business terms” including mark-ups, fees, insurance, labor rates, escalation, etc.
- Design Team coordination to Client’s pre-determined Design Guidelines and standards
- Entitlement process and Permitting. Assist with City and/or other Authority approvals process, permitting, etc.
- Constructability review of the project documents
- Assist client in identifying, scoping, buying-out and scheduling of all Owner-direct
vendors and consultants, including internal vendors
- Project Cash Planning and Cash flow projections
- Assist client in identifying, scoping, buying-out all construction services and scheduling of all Owner-direct purchases.
vendors and consultants, including internal vendors
Construction & Project Administration
- Manage General Contractor; i.e. – including compliance with construction contracts, contract budget, changes, payment terms, schedule management, and all other responsibilities within their construction contract.
- Cost Management / Change Control, including invoice review, change order review, negotiations, recommendations, and delay analysis
- Value Engineering
- Budget Management and Tracking
- Schedule monitoring, tracking and analysis
- Document control (track and coordinate addenda, bulletins, new drawing sets, clarifications, etc.)
- QA/QC assistance- supervise consultants as needed
- Site Safety Monitoring & Reporting
- Invoice / Payment Application processing, tracking and reporting
- Tracking of project documents, including submittals, RFI’s, change orders, invoices and payments, lien releases, etc.
- Coordination and management of all Owner-direct vendors, consultants and internal Vendors
- Regular updating of Master Project Budget, Schedule and Project Cash Flow through life of project
- Commissioning: Oversee the Commissioning Plan and the Commissioning process to completion and final reporting
Close out / Handover to Fit Up /TI Project Manager
- Initiate and oversee the entire close out process prior to project completion
- Establish close out documentation requirements. Collect and track receipt of all close
out documents until completion, including warranties, “as-builts”, O&M manuals, etc.
- Assist A/E team with entitlements/ permitting and occupancy with local government.
- Manage punch list, substantial completion and final completion process
- Negotiate, resolve and close out any outstanding change orders, quality issues or disputes
- Process and track any final invoices, payment applications, retention payments, etc
- Prepare and submit final project accounting and budget
- Assist client in scheduling, coordination and management of all Owner-direct vendors,
Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, cash flow, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists or through individual project qualification process; conducts standard to complex request for proposals; completes bid analysis; leads evaluation interviews, recommends resources to clients.
Leads project delivery resources/team (typically larger more experienced team) providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed. Facilitates project meetings.
Implement project documentation governance aligned with company and client requirements. Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders. Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk.
Demonstrates ability to identify complex project risks, lead constructability reviews, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
Demonstrates a knowledge of projects & project management within the context of business results (business case, larger economic implications, business risk, etc).
Other duties as assigned.
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
Manages 3rd party project delivery resources/team (typically larger more experienced team). Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University in a technical area of study. Minimum six years of related experience and/or training.
Prior experience in a supervisory position (direct report responsibilities) required if specific duties include direct report responsibilities.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP preferred.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for setting department deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department and/or line of business.