Don't just dream about What's Next – build it!
Nexient specializes in bringing a "Product Mindset" to our work, using small, nimble teams, Agile thinking and other techniques from product development to build great custom software people love to use.
And as America's leading 100% US, 100% Agile software services partner, we're building it here instead of sending tech jobs offshore.
People are noticing.
Our clients include some of America's favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services and more – but also some very cool product companies you may not have heard of yet. We're recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HfS Hot Vendor and the only 100% US tech company in the World's Top 100 Outsourcers. You might have read about us in The New York Times ( https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/30/technology/hot-spot-for-tech-outsourcing-the-united-states.html ).
- Silicon Valley innovation (through our Bay Area innovation hub, and network of startups and emerging technology partners)
- Scalable, Midwest delivery (with 65+ Agile teams in high talent cities like Ann Arbor, Michigan)
- Onsite collaboration (with product managers and other key roles working face-to-face with client teams around the country)
Nexient is looking for an experienced Back-end Java Developer to join our team onsite at one of our largest client New York City.
Come build with us!
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop robust service layer around financial tooling and analysis
- Build systems in a service oriented/microservices architecture
- Work with peers in the development of processes to continually deliver robust solutions.
- Willing to work on various tactical and strategic projects to support line of business
- Lead the rapid creation and analysis of POCs.
- Ideal candidate has experience with container based technology like Docker, RESTful API creation and consumption, Java 8, Spring Boot, Spring Core, Spring AOP, REST Webservices, Maven, Jenkins, Git, AWS, experience of building and deploying Cloud Native applications, Agile Methodology, Microservices, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI)
- Ability to rapidly design, prototype and iterate on creative concepts to meet the user requirements. Rapidly solve problems and fix bugs.
- Excellent Core Java Skills and Experience with frameworks such as Spring Boot, Java 1.8
- Experience working with common Java frameworks/libraries/tools (Spring Boot, Hibernate, Maven, Intellij)
- Experience with AWS (EC2, SNS, SQS, S3, Llamda)
- Knowledge of caching solutions (Redis)
- Experience with cloud development tools in a CI/CD environment (Git, BitBucket, Jenkins, Docker, Openshift, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience with Swagger / Open API
- Experience in providing Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions
- Deep understanding of distributed systems architectures, especially microservices.
- Exposure to develop highly distributed, scalable and performing systems is a strong plus
- Hands on experience to all development tools, build tools like maven, CI/CD configurations, Git, Bitbucket
- Understanding of application server and database development, including basic data structures and algorithms
- Experience with Docker and related systems (Dockerhub, Kubernetes)
- Good or some familiarity with Python, R, VB a plus
- Experience with Agile development methodology & Test Driven development is a plus
- Strong experience with test driven development is useful
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and pair collaboratively