Our Information Technology division consists of more than 200 professionals and continues to grow responsibly. The IT Shared Services Department is looking to add a Programmer / Analyst II to their current Shared Services Center of Excellence Team. This individual will be results driven and an innovative thinker who is willing to challenge norms to create process improvement and business value.
The COBOL Programmer / Analyst II investigates, analyzes, documents and solves a variety of well-defined technical problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Codes and tests application programs under general supervision.
- Adheres to established timelines, Remedy ticket guidelines and procedures for delivering quality solutions which are defect-free, meet Company standards and customer requirements.
- Works closely with a variety of Company personnel to deliver quality solutions.
- Provides thorough knowledge of the technical aspects of systems development including database management, computer architecture and programming languages.
- Develops a thorough operational and functional understanding of assigned systems for maintenance purposes.
- Assists in defining customer requirements and developing functional specifications, high level technical specifications, detailed program specifications and other related documentation.
- Provides time estimates for programming and technical design tasks, contributes to other project planning activities and may serve as or take direction from a Project Lead.
- Assists support and operations personnel with resolution of techncial problems pertaining to applications, including off-hours support and implementation of production recoveries.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of four years of programming experience.
- Based on the specific programming assignment, working knowledge of one or more of the following languages is required: COBOL, Java and/or PeopleSoft Development Tools; one or more of the following operating systems: OS/400, Windows NT, Linux, UNIX; and one or more of the following databases: DB2/400, SQL Server.
- Experience with non-relational file structures and demonstrated use of structured analysis, design and programming methodologies is required.
- Excellent writing skills are required.
- A minimum typing speed of 35 wpm is required.
- Intermediate level computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Office, is necessary.
- This position requires excellent communication, organizational, customer service and problem solving skills.
This position requires a high school diploma or GED. A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent is strongly preferred.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.