Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE:
GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Our formula is simple - We combine the largest news and information audience in the state with the top multi-platform marketing experts to provide businesses with a single partner with one purpose, to help them grow. We deliver the trusted brands of Louisiana’s largest audience, including The Daily Advertiser in Lafayette, LA; The Times in Shreveport, LA; The Town Talk in Alexandria, LA; and The News Star and the Delta Style in Monroe, LA combined with proven research, creative, strategy and marketing expertise. This position will be based in Lafayette, LA.
The Daily Advertiser is based in Lafayette, LA and is seeking a high-achieving, strategic, and results-oriented Regional Sales Director, who can provide inspiring leadership, implement best practices, drive results for clients, and grow revenue and market share for all sites in Louisiana. This individual is responsible for building and leading a high-performance Communities sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to businesses. You will lead and manage a local sales advertising team and to achieve digital and total revenue goals. The Regional Sales Director must be able to develop and direct sales strategy, identify and understand the customer base, use data/analytics and insights specific to the customer, market potential, and be skilled in the development and execution of sales plans and best practices. The ideal candidate will also have significant sales experience with digital marketing products and services. Competencies in training, recruiting and developing an energetic, and committed world-class sales team is a must. Candidate must be able to inspire change and lead progressive team transformation. The position requires travel within the Louisiana Market (Shreveport, Alexandria, Monroe and based in Lafayette) and reports to the Vice President, Sales.
- Ensure execution and adoption of sales strategies, plans and best practices to increase digital and overall revenue growth and achieve budgeted goals.
- Work directly with territory sales team including Multimedia Account Executives, Digital Sales Executives, Account Managers, and Account Coordinators to provide
leadership in the development and closing of sales opportunities,
providing expertise to directly drive revenue.
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing Division partners to execute programs that foster world-class sales behavior, values, development, and best practices.
- Coach and develop local market sales executives (including team meetings, one-on-ones, professional development, etc.) to generate world class sales
multiplatform results and ensure plans and best practices are implemented and tracked.
- Collaborate with HR talent acquisition team to recruit sophisticated sellers focused on sales revenue growth and digital transformation.
- Provide leadership in key areas including sales strategy, products/packaging/pricing, etc., to assist in overall revenue performance improvement.
- Manage performance management actions.
- Identify sales growth opportunities, as well as market challenges, and work with sales representatives to develop and implement innovative action plans.
- Overachieves: consistently meets and exceeds revenue goals.
- Leverage CRM tool (Saleforc.com) to monitor KPIs and make adjustment
- Holds staff accountable to revenue goals, objectives, KPIs and other metrics.
- Always aware of performance to goal, measures sales executive performance by revenue to goal, quarterly and annually.
- Manages staff to consistently maintain a forward, robust pipeline.
- Establishes aggressive but realistic goals for staff; incorporates staff’s input in the goal setting process.
- Maintains a full staff of highly-skilled, high performing sales executives.
- Creates effective formal activity metrics for staff.
- Develops a strong sales plan with team and holds staff accountable for achieving their plans.
- Utilizes deep understanding of market and competition.
- Creates and executes on plan to grow total and digital market share based on potential.
- Utilizes creativity and strategic thinking to accelerate sales.
- Drives consultative, customer-centric selling behaviors.
- Provides appropriate mix of direction and strategy.
- Develops by modeling and coaching to expected behaviors.
- Conducts ongoing assessments of individual and team performance.
- Spends appropriate time developing staff.
- Recommends appropriate training and monitors for performance.
- Holds weekly, effective one-on-ones.
- Develops bench strength for future internal opportunities and business demands.
- Consistently executes World Class Sales, sales management system.
- Inspires and motivates others.
- Effectively manage change
- Identifies and removes obstacles to top performance.
- Builds consensus among team and other internal partners.
- Holds weekly sales meetings that educate and motivate.
- Over communicates the vision, standards, strategy and goals to their team.
- Seeks to hire only world class sales people who meet our core competencies.
- Follows on-going recruiting regimen; meets with potential candidates on an ongoing basis.
- Networks through course of daily activities, including leveraging Social media
- “Sells” the organization to candidates.
- Takes ownership for recruiting while partnering with HR to execute strategy.
- Embraces and communicates World Class Sales vision.
- Exhibits collaborative behavior that motivates and inspires others.
- Embraces change and models positive behavior for others.
- Welcomes coaching and strives for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or related degree.
- Minimum 5+ years’ sales experience with a proven track record in developing strategy and building and growing a multiple M+ revenue business. Significant sales experience with digital marketing products and services.
- Proven successful experience in a leadership sales role. Ability to build, direct, and manage a B2B sales organization.
- Ability to maintain a deep and broad understanding of the market (e.g., customers, prospects, and key trends. An understanding of competitive media in the market.)
- Experience in a sales management position.
- Experience in a leading-edge organization that makes a best-practices sales culture a top priority.
- Demonstrable track record in successfully penetrating and growing B2B accounts. Strong skills in integrating analytics, market insights, strategies, account planning and other best sales practices to create and execute successful growth.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and influencing skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.