Don’t miss this opportunity to be a part of one of the most dynamic technology companies in the market today! Mediacom just announced a $1 Billion capital investment plan to enhance our network and launch “Project Gigabit”, an upgrade and expansion initiative that will bring 1-Gig broadband to virtually all of the 3 million homes and businesses in our footprint which covers about 1,500 communities in 22 states.
As a Field Support Center Representative, you will work in a modern office and serve as the hub for Mediacom field technicians who are installing and supporting our Xtream and rocket fast internet services in customer homes. Each day you will compile the daily work load for technicians and assign work orders for various job types (e.g. service installations, changes, trouble calls, disconnections etc.). By supporting our technicians, you’ll help ensure timely installation, resolutions and overall customer satisfaction with Mediacom.
The start date for this position will be July 29th, 2019.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Dispatches service technicians, installers, and other technical persons to remedy service problems using Work Force Management tools, phones and other technologies.
- Operates CRT/computer to review customer account information and inputs appropriate data regarding reschedule dates, service changes and trouble call information.
- Monitors field technician’s locations and routes throughout the day. Clears/closes technician and installer jobs and adds equipment or services to customer accounts as necessary.
- Maintains database and system accuracy by ensuring that customer account records reflect the work completed in the field each day.
- Provide technical support for field staff on a wide range of Cable/HSD/Phone provisioning and support situations.
- Contacts customers to verify schedule date and time as necessary.
- Reschedules missed appointments as quickly as possible at a time convenient for the customer.
- Compiles, maintains and prepares various required operational reports, logs and files.
- Demonstrates ability to learn and execute company service policies, procedures and properly utilize and manage dispatch tools to complete each job.
- Handles routine dispatch calls and carries out fundamental customer service tasks
- Ability to perform routine dispatching functions, such as answering telephone.
- Mature judgment and the ability to relate well with other people.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills including good grammar and a well-modulated speaking voice.
- Able to provide clear and easily understood instructions (in English) over the phone and/or in writing.
- Strong customer service skills coupled with a working knowledge of Operating systems, computer hardware and modem configuration and installation.
- Basic working knowledge of networking, routers and hubs along with wireless network configuration and phone provisioning.
- Able to operate computer systems / CRT as needed.
- Ability to type and operate standard office machines and computers.
- Must be punctual and able to maintain good attendance.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office (Works/Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Ability to work well in a high stress and volume environment.
- Able to work in an office environment.
- Able to sit for long periods of time at a computer terminal.
Experience, Education and Certifications (Recommended):
- Ability to work required days and hours.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
- May require work from home during emergency situations.
- 1-2 years prior work experience in customer facing role or in technical role preferred; not required.
- Customer Service or Field Technician experience is a plus; but not required.
- Associates or College Degree; Trade School or equivalent preferred.