Description of Services:
Responsible for supervising visits between the children and the non-custodial parent by providing a safe and supportive environment to families involved in the Juvenile and Domestic Relations or Circuit Court system. Assure that the children are safe and free from unnecessary stress or negative comments during their visit with the non-custodial parent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out the mission and values of Family Connections, LLC.
- Supervise visits between the child(ren) and non-custodial parent (or other identified person), to include intervening if the parent displays inappropriate verbal or physical behavior during the visit. To immediately report to the custodial parent and/or the Director of Family Connections any problems or concerns that have occurred during the visit and/or report if a specific request or statement has been made by the non-custodial parent.
- Ensure that all contact between the non-custodial parent and the child is visible and audible at all times.
- Foster participant’s actions or adjustment by interpreting attitudes and patterns of behavior; explaining and pointing out new options to the non-custodial parent. Provide the non-custodial parent with feedback in order to strengthen parenting skills.
- Must have the ability to nurture respectful relationships with clients and children, and must be sensitive to the cultural needs of the populations served.
- Ensure that the supervised visitation guidelines are being adhered to during the visit.
- To treat all families with respect and dignity and ensure neutrality.
- To help facilitate a relationship with the non-custodial parent and child (ren), this can be done by role modeling appropriate behavior and interaction; to socialize and interact with non-custodial parent and child when appropriate.
- To be prompt in keeping appointments and agreed upon schedules.
- To record facts, observations, and direct statements made by parties in an accurate reflection of the interaction between the non-custodial parent and the children in the form of a written report that documents any critical incidents, the report shall be provided to Family Connections Director, Pat Clay, once approved it will then be sent to the parties.
- To inform Family Connections Director of any time off that would necessitate a substitute supervisor, with as much advance notice as possible.
- Must be able to work weekends and some evenings.
- A Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or related field with at least 5 years of experience with child welfare issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the psycho-social aspects of child abuse and neglect, domestic violence, substance use disorders, mental health issues, behavior modification, child development and parenting skills.
- Willingness to testify in Court, if subpoenaed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Transportation to and from all visitation locations.
- Detailed oriented, dependable and organized.
- Analytical skills, good judgment to make decisions within policies.
- Must complete a criminal background record check.
- Must be able to submit a written report that documents the details of all activities that occurred during each visit within a timely manner (i.e. within 7 days of the visit).
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $27.00 to $29.00 /hour
- child welfare issues: 5 years