This is not a job, it's a PASSION! Leadership, initiative, transparent - AL Director
We offer a great working environment, opportunity to advance your career with Brookdale, awesome benefits, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of our residents!
1. Oversees the operations and directs the day-to-day functions of staff in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern the community. Ensures that emotional, physical, psychological, and safety needs are met through all program services and activities.
2. Ensures that staff complies with the written policies and procedures established by Brookdale and the community.
3. Manages labor costs, supplies and other line items in department budget.
4. Meets with staff and support personnel to plan and schedule shifts, services, programs and activities. Writes and reviews resident assessments and care plans.
5. Develops and/or monitors documentation systems to ensure that all regulatory timeframes for review of assessments and service plans are met and that resident needs are met.
6. Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis as well as a calm environment throughout the department.
7. Oversees facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies.
8. Completes accident and incident reports as necessary.
9. Schedules and conducts new resident orientation.
10. Assesses potential residents for assisted living level of care.
11. Provides leadership to personnel assigned to department. Makes decisions regarding hiring, firing, and disciplining staff. Conducts performance reviews.
12. Coordinates, along with the Director of Resident Services, family/resident care conferences and serves as a direct liaison between residents, families, and staff.
13. Makes periodic checks to ensure prescribed treatments are being properly administered.
14. May assist with completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary.
15. Reviews medication cards for completeness and accuracy in the transcription of the physician’s order and adherence to stop order policies.
16. Works with Education Coordinator to schedule in-service training classes.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree Nursing or related field from an accredited college plus a minimum of two to three years of experience in an assisted living, long term care or hospital setting, including experience with the senior population; or equivalent education and experience. Minimum of one year supervisory/management experience, including hiring, coaching, performance management, daily operations, discipline, and counseling.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Must have a current LVN or RN license in the state of Texas.
Job Type: Full-time
This job will require you to pass a background check: