Recruitment/Posting Title Art Collection Inventory Specialist (Temporary)
Posting Number 18TM0864
Department School Public Affairs & Admin
Rutgers University-Newark, an urban public research university and anchor institution, located in Newark, New Jersey, a city of promise, is seeking an Art Collection Inventory Specialist (Temporary) for the School of Public Affairs and Administration which will report to the Associate Dean for Finance, Technology & Administration.
The Art Collection Inventory Specialist (Temporary) will manage the organization, assessment, documentation and digitization of the Council’s art collection duties include but are not limited to:
- Locating the artwork, labeling it, assessing its condition.
- Recording and organizing details regarding the artwork.
- Inputs all the specifications of the artwork into a digital format/database.
- Establishes “Best Practices” by communicating and networking with other professionals such as colleagues from the State Museum and other buildings that display the art work
- Other Duties Assigned.
For more information about the School of Public Affairs and Administration please visit: https://spaa.newark.rutgers.edu/about.
Position Status Part Time
Hours Per Week 19.5
Daily Work Shift Day
Position Salary $15.00
Payroll Designation PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment Temporary Staff Appointment - Hourly
Minimum Education and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent, and/or up to 4 years of relevant office, clerical, bookkeeping, library assistant or related experience depending on the duties to be performed. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the experience requirement.
- A bachelor’s degree with a specific concentration of visual arts studies or art history.
- Valid driver’s license is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with handling, documenting, researching, and cataloguing art work.
- Possess excellent organizational and communication skills, able to manage details well, and able to take initiative on projects independently as well as in collaboration with others.
- Experience using cloud-based collection management systems (CMS) is required.
- A dolly to lift and transport artwork.
- Must be able to use excel competently.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The work environment is partially a standard office space, but also requires physical work such as lifting artwork and being mobile out in the field working away from office.
Posting Open Date 10/15/2018
Posting Close Date 11/14/2018
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Regional Campus Rutgers University-Newark
Home Location Campus Rutgers University-Newark
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment screenings.