Boardwalk Capital, a private equity firm, is seeking interns to participate in all aspect of the company's business including deal sourcing and execution. The internship is unpaid, but the experience is invaluable, particularly for those pursuing careers in private equity, investment banking, consulting or entrepreneurship. Analysts will learn how companies are acquired, interact with industry participants and work with senior investors. Interns will have an opportunity to develop analytical skills and techniques related to valuation, industry and company analysis. They will be exposed to all stages of deal flow while helping generate new leads. The internship encourages professional networking and career development.
This position is ideal for undergraduates seeking co-op internships and recently graduated students pursuing careers in investment banking or private equity. Economics and finance/accounting studies are preferred. However, undergraduates pursuing science, engineering or math, and who are willing to explore this field, are encouraged to apply.
Timing Starting December, 10 weeks
Commitment Full-time, onsite (40 hrs/week)
About Boardwalk Capital, LLC (www.boardwalkcap.com)
Boardwalk offers liquidity to small business owners who may also seek transition of day-to-day management. We invest in the lower-end of the middle market revenue range, focusing on companies under $70 million in revenue.
We are backed by an investment holding company and a group of high-net-worth individuals. The founder has many years of experience in the fields of private equity, investment banking and management consulting.
Responsibilities and Learning Activities
- Research and identify attractive industries based on Boardwalk’s investment criteria
- Synthesize key data and third-party research on potential industries
- Apply frameworks to evaluate and compare niche industries
- Develop target acquisition lists within industries of interest, facilitate direct outreach process and assist processing of deal flow
- Maintain periodic dialogue with investment banks and business brokers
- Review confidential information, conduct acquisition due diligence and assist in financial analysis
- Participate in calls with investment bankers and business owners
- Optimize Boardwalk processes
- Assist in recruitment of new Boardwalk interns
Day-to-day tasks will vary based on deal flow and the inherently unpredictable development of any given acquisition. Therefore, interns will enjoy a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-starting attitude; ability to identify problems or new ideas without prompting, does not wait for others to take action or request to take action
- Curiosity about how businesses work; resourceful and enjoy applying critical thinking
- Focus on details; complete tasks thoroughly and accurately
- Team orientation; maintain positive attitude in a high-stress environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Problem Solving; identify root causes of problems and design solution
- English fluency (written and oral) is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required
- Strong interest in the fields of private equity, investment banking, finance or entrepreneurship
- Basic understanding of financial statements preferred
Boardwalk’s culture emphasizes teamwork and respect. We believe this career path is very rewarding and work should be an enjoyable experience. Boardwalk seeks individuals who share these values.
- On-the-job training with senior investment professionals
- Exposure to all workflows of an investment firm
- Networking opportunities within the finance and investment banking industries
Compensation College credit, if applicable.
Application Process Please send a resume and cover letter. We will conduct an initial phone interview followed by an in-person meeting at our Boston office. There is no deadline for applying; positions are filled on a "rolling basis" however we are prioritizing candidates that can start ASAP. Please submit the following documents with an application:
· Brief cover letter describing your background and interest in the position
Application material should be emailed to: careers at boardwalkcap.com
Qualified candidates will be notified to arrange an interview.
Job Type: Internship
Job Type: Internship