RN Hospice EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - Hospice Division Leadership - supervises all aspects of patient care, all activities of professional staff and allied health personnel, regulatory requirements compliance, financial performance, and quality assurance performance improvement activities for agency. The RN Hospice Executive Director or alternate will be available on site during business hours and additionally, if needed.
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus!
- Responsible for compliance with all regulations, laws, policies and procedures, that are applicable to hospice and Medicare /Medicaid issues when applicable on a daily basis.
- Ensures that hospice employs qualified individuals (for all staff members) and accepts responsibility for daily agency operations.
- Immediately available (or has Alternate Designee) to be on-site during business hours or immediately available by telephone when off-site conducting agency business, available after hours as needed.
- Directs the day-to-day operations of the agency and acts as the driver for the Care Management Process. The Executive Director or designee RN, such as a Team Leader, will receive daily report on patients from staff. This process also includes review of patient care paperwork, referral information, recertification processes, discharge information, and event reporting, etc. on a daily basis.
- Acts as liaison between staff, patients and Hospice Management Team & Governing Board on a daily basis.
- Ensures that all payer sources are coded/assigned correctly for appropriate billing to take place. Ensures that all services are billed as provided and supervises staff regarding billing issues on a daily basis.
- Ensures adequate staffing through recruitment for agency as well as adequate staff education and evaluations on daily or as needed basis.
- Reviews monthly financials relative to all aspects of the operation to assure that quality patient care is delivered in the most cost-effective manner.
- Participates in the QAPI planning and processes, reporting, and improvement action plans as indicated. This includes chart audits, patient satisfaction, financials, contracts, patient/family complaints, etc. and appropriate follow-up. Patient/family complaints require immediate follow-up. Conducted on a daily basis.
- Supervises all patient care activities to assure compliance with current standards of accepted nursing and medical practice and regulatory standards on a constant basis
- Assists the agency in the implementation of a supply/drug formulary to ensure that services are utilized in the most cost effective manner on a daily basis. Review medications purchased to ensure relevant hospice relation on a daily basis.
- Maintains personnel files monthly, completes required courses through LHC Connect and attends in-services when applicable.
- Functions as a preceptor to new hires as needed basis.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be a licensed physician, licensed registered nurse, nurse practitioner, licensed practical nurse, or licensed social worker or college graduate with a Bachelor's degree with at least three years of documented experience in discipline/field of study with at least one year of full time experience in a hospice, home health, or oncology setting.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current Driver's License and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
Additional State Requirements
- GA: Must have at least one year of supervisory or management experience in a
hospice setting or an individual with education, training, and experience in health services administration with at least two
years of supervisory or management experience in a hospice setting.
LHC Group is an industry-leading national provider of in-home healthcare services and the preferred partner for patients, families, physicians, hospitals, and health systems around the country. We provide quality, value-based home health, hospice, personal care services, and facility-based services that empower patients to manage their health at home or place of residence. Our health system partners – consisting of leading hospitals around the nation – trust LHC Group to help them deliver patient-centered care in the comfort of home. More hospitals, physicians, and families choose LHC Group – because our employees are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health Services Administration: 1 year (Required)
- Supervisory or Management: 1 year (Required)