CBS Squared, Inc. seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our team as a Graduate/Staff Engineer in our Madison, Wisconsin Office. The position is for full-time employment. The candidate must have 0-4 years of design and/or construction experience in one or more of the following disciplines:
A candidate with an Engineer-in-training (EIT) certificate that is on course to obtain a Professional Engineering license is a plus. Experience with CAD systems (Autocad or Microstation) is preferred. Experience in WisDOT highway and/or municipal design, plan preparation and construction administration is a plus. The ideal candidate can expect to work on a wide variety of projects both large- and small-scale. In addition, a desire to work on construction oversite of WisDOT projects is preferred. The position requires the candidate to hold a valid drivers license and be able to provide their own transport to project sites as necessary. The candidate will be reimbursed for use of their vehicle when used for business related activities. We offer an excellent benefit and compensation package.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Assist in the design and plan development of large and small scale design projects.
- Utilize civil design software to produce construction drawings for clients.
- Construction administration of municipal and WisDOT projects to verify compliance to safety and quality standards.
- General surveying and measuring of existing features in the field as needed to fill in for the survey department.
- Assist in estimating the cost to complete engineering work.
- Assist Project Manager and Lead Designers in the preparation of engineering designs, related drawings, specifications and construction project estimates.
- Utilize CAD software to perform detailed layout and design of transportation and municipal projects.
- Utilize AutoCAD and/or Microstation to perform plan preparation.
- Produce various design options on screen and hard copy, following a manager's or technical professional's direction.
- Performing other tasks deemed necessary by project manager from time to time.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or related degree.
- Competency with a CAD system, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to interpret technical specifications; good math & CAD skills are required.
- A sound knowledge of engineering design principles.
- Good numeracy and computer skills.
- Good communication skills.
- An understanding of engineering processes and construction methods.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Creative flair.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time
- civil engineering: 4 years (Preferred)