At Atmos Energy, we enjoy an employee-focused culture with rewarding work, competitive pay, work-life balance, inclusion and diversity, and excellent benefits. Benefits offered include:
Medical & Prescription Drug Coverage
401K/Retirement Savings Plan
Basic Life Insurance
Short- and Long-Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Company Holidays & Paid Time Off
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Health Savings Account (HSA)
LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
Hourly rate: 16.50-17.50 based on experience.
Bilingual (Spanish-English) Differential Pay following CSA training completion-Additional $1.00 per hour.
The shift is Monday through Friday, 9:15 am to 6:15 pm.
Atmos Energy is seeking Customer Support Associates for our Customer Contact Centers in Amarillo and Waco.
Top Employer Recognition
America’s Best Employers – Forbes Magazine
The 100 Most Trustworthy Companies In America - Forbes Magazine
Top Places to Work - Dallas Morning News
Best Places to Work - Mississippi Business Journal
Best Place to Learn - Dallas Chapter of the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD)
The Successful Candidate:
Responsible for performing basic customer support activities including billing review and adjustment, service order creation and emergency call handling. Maintains working knowledge of Atmos Energy customer service policies, procedures, and systems.
1. Responds to current and/or prospective customers regarding service connections, disconnections, marketing programs, billing questions and payment arrangements. This contact is primarily by phone but may also include other forms of communication. (20%)
2. Receives and processes transactions and requests based on designated level of authority. Forwards other issues to appropriate level of responsibility. (20%)
3. Analyzes, evaluates, and addresses customer issues utilizing current company policy. (20%)
4. Reviews, analyzes and corrects errors on customer accounts to ensure accuracy using an online Customer Information System. Communicates correct information to customers in a timely manner. (20%)
5. Research potential discrepancies on customer accounts and takes appropriate action to verify customer identity, address(es) and delinquent accounts as required. (10%)
6. Handles customer calls to ensure responsiveness to natural gas and other potential emergency situations, exercising caution and adhering to standardized processes. (10%)
A general educational knowledge normally acquired through a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED); and successful completion of the Customer Service Assessment, demonstrating communication and customer service skills.
Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Requires the ability to perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Requires intermediate computer skills for data entry, reference and/or retrieval tasks.
Previous experience with a Customer Information System is a plus.
Works in an indoor environment.
Occasionally requires performing activities including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and/or lifting. May require sitting for long periods of time.
As a safety-sensitive position, pre and post-employment screenings, including but not limited to drug testing as outlined by the Department of Transportation and Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration are required.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION
Atmos Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Atmos Energy Corporation, an S&P 500 company headquartered in Dallas, is the country’s largest natural gas-only distributor. We safely deliver reliable, affordable, efficient, and abundant natural gas to more than 3 million distribution customers in over 1,400 communities across eight states located primarily in the South. As part of our vision to be the safest provider of natural gas services, we are modernizing our business and infrastructure while continuing to invest in safety, innovation, environmental sustainability, and our communities. Atmos Energy manages proprietary pipeline and storage assets, including one of the largest intrastate natural gas pipeline systems in Texas.