Job Title: Regional Account Manager (Mid-West)
Profile: 80% Hunter / 20% Farmer
Location Close proximity to major airport
Territory: Mid-West (IN, KY, MI, and OH) or Atlanta
The Regional Account Manager will be directly responsible for growing new sales in named accounts and maintaining existing business. Day to day activities include sales and sales support to achieve maximum market share, contacting and developing customers on an individual and corporate level, regular customer contact and closing sales at a wide range of levels.
Key Strategic Responsibilities:
- To develop US market share with existing and new markets for instrumentation calibration equipment. This includes the deployment of new products, services and software.
- To maintain and develop customers.
- Supporting company growth objectives.
Key Tactical Responsibilities:
- Identify and access new target customers.
- Working closely with existing customers, lead customer contact and negotiating activities.
- Manage own portfolio of customers.
- Undertaking networking to senior level in appropriate market sectors.
- Feedback important market data to central marketing team.
- Ensuring targets are met.
Key Operational Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Sales in named accounts.
- Personal contact with a wide range of customers.
- Demonstration of all products and services.
- Tender and proposal writing.
- Closing individual sales.
- Update of CRM including management of accounts, contacts, activities, and pipeline.
- Place purchase orders to HQ where required.
- Any other duties as directed by the President
- Reports to the President
Technical & Commercial Expertise:
- Knowledge of process automation (pressure, electrical and temperature) a plus.
- Knowledge of vendors in our space (Fluke, GE Druck, Meriam, Martel, Ametek, etc…), Others (Emerson, Yokogawa, Honeywell) a plus.
- Experience with solution sales is required for this role. The incumbent will also be a hunter, with a passion for selling.
- High-level networking should be supported by the ability to operate at lower levels including sales to smaller clients and individual engineers on a daily basis.
- Develop expertise in the sales of technical solutions and/or software, ideally to the Power & Energy, Pharmaceutical processing, Oil & Gas, Food and Beverage, and Petro-Chemical industries. The person will need to be able to transfer their sales skills into new potential markets, or new products / software.
- Experience in technical sales (with instrumentation a plus)
- 90% Hunter / 10% Farmer
- Liaison with customers is an essential element of this role, so the person should be a confident communicator, opportunistic and with a flair for selling.
- The person should be of a friendly, dynamic and enthusiastic disposition.
- The ability to listen and respond to customers is essential.
- The person will be an innovative thinker, continually looking for ways to influence and drive the business forward.
- The person will have strong organizational skills, to ensure sales objectives are met in a timely fashion.
- Engineering Degree
- Low Voltage / Amp Electronic Experience preferred
- Solid “Rolodex” of contacts a plus
- Compensation based on experience
- 401(k) with employer match (0.50c to $, up to 6%)
- 15 days paid vacation following eligibility period, increases based on tenure.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life insurance and Hospital Indemnity provided at 100% for employee and spouse
- Profit share. This scheme can provide up to two (2) month’s salary based on company objectives.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Sales Experience: 4 years (Required)
- Hunting sales: 3 years (Required)
- solution sales: 2 years (Required)