Are you looking for a rewarding career with endless opportunities to make a difference?
Full time GNA's 7am - 3pm, 3pm - 11pm
If you are a licensed Geriatric Nursing Assistant with a passion for patient care and an eagerness to be part of a team with a top senior care organization, we would love to talk with you! We are seeking a Geriatric Nursing Assistant to provide direct patient care to our senior residents at Lorien Mays Chapel. This is a wonderful opportunity to develop your career while helping to make a positive difference in the lives of our residents. We are now accepting applications for various shifts/availabilities. If you are a kind and service-oriented individual with a GNA certification, come join the Lorien Family!
As a Geriatric Nursing Assistant, you will provide each of your assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and service based upon each resident's individual care plan. Since you will have the most regular contact with residents, it will also be your responsibility to remain attentive to any change in resident condition, and immediately report such changes to the nurse on duty.
Your specific duties as a Geriatric Nursing Assistant will include:
- Providing residents with a positive and family-focused environment
- Ensuring that all residents are treated fairly, with kindness, dignity and respect
- Cleaning, bathing and dressing residents
- Distributing food trays and feeding residents
- Documenting food input and waste output, meal percentage consumed, etc.
- Straightening and cleaning resident rooms and ensuring that they look presentable
- Assisting with admission, transfer and discharge of residents as required
- Creating and maintaining an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout your unit and shift
- Changing resident bedding
- Maintaining the confidentiality of all resident care information
- Transporting residents to and from activities, rehab appointments, etc., as required
- Reporting any complaints from residents or family members
- Assisting residents with bowel and bladder functions
- Participating in all required in-service programs
- Maintaining communication with staff and nurses via call system communicator
- Working with residents based on the maturity level at which they are currently functioning
- Maintaining the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and the proper performance of assigned duties
As a Geriatric Nursing Assistant, you must have a kind, patient and empathetic personality as well as a commitment to providing patients with the best possible care. You must also be a team player with a strong work ethic and the willingness to pitch in and help wherever and whenever it is needed. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public
Specific qualifications for the Geriatric Nursing Assistant position include:
Job Type: Full-time