We are a very busy and thriving Rehabilitation P.C. with multiple locations throughout New York currently seeking the perfect candidate to assist us in our day-to-day administrative responsibilities as well as provide excellent patient care in our Brooklyn location.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Performs day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties including: word processing, copying, filing, faxing, answering phones and data entry.
- Welcomes and greets patients/clients/visitors to the department in a manner that is helpful and friendly; determines purpose of visit and direct patients/clients/visitors to appropriate person or department(s).
- Schedules patient flow on predetermined appointment arrangements to allow the office to serve an adequate number of patients.
- When scheduling appointment, carefully screens patients for new address, new patient visit or update registration and informs patient of adequate information that must be presented at time of visit.
- Adheres to all Office policies on safety and security.
- Must provide excellent customer service for patients; practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance to Office policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Maintains patient waiting areas, office files, and front-desk areas in a manner that is organized and neat.
- Calls patients daily to confirm next day’s appointment.
- Exercises problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling patient complaints; refers patient complaints to appropriate designated personnel as needed.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality; able to maintain confidentiality under HIPAA standards.
- Must have the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact; excellent customer services and interpersonal communication skills; Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work with diverse people groups.
- Intermediate to advanced phone skills; able to effectively relate via the telephone and in-person to serve the needs of Clinic patients/clients/visitors in a manner that is efficient and productive.
- Must be highly flexible; able to accommodate changing needs of the department.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of basic math and modern office procedures.
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision. Proven flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks.
- Basic to intermediate computer knowledge and skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school or equivalent, plus two years of medical receptionist experience in comparable healthcare/medical setting.
- Experience with Worker's Compensation and No Fault is a PLUS.
If you meet all the requirements listed and are interested in joining our team, please send us your resume. This position is available for immediate hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- receptionist: 4 years (Preferred)
- 10 Key: 4 years (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Greeting visitors
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative