JP GROUP Looking for responsible RELIABLE drivers and helpers to deliver furniture for their new account with BOB's Discount Furniture in San Diego.
Looking for someone that is experienced in home delivery and can SAFELY drive a 26’ box Truck.
If you have experience in just home delivery or moving that works as well. This job starts immediately and is steady as long as YOU show up everyday.
Weekly bonuses available based on the team performance and customer survey satisfaction. Additional $70 per week !
Drivers $140 to $150 per route; based on experience.
Helpers $130 per route
Work days are Tuesday through Saturday.
- Perform Daily Pre trip inspection on truck.
- Operate Delivery Box Truck observing all traffic laws.
- Follow directed route to insure on-time delivery of product.
- Direct Delivery Assistant on proper handling and placement of furniture.
- Communicate with Customer understanding where to place product.
- Lift and move furniture and components without damaging the furniture or items in the home.
- Assemble pieces as required using hand tools.
- Make final in-home deluxe of delivered product.
- Remove all packaging materials from home and stow on Delivery truck.
- Maintain Clean Truck meeting established guidelines.
- Fuel Vehicle as required.
- Unloading furniture at customer's designated location; e.g. home, office, upstairs, downstairs.
- Completely assembling furniture as required; e.g. placing mirror brackets, bed slats, bed center support legs etc.
- Using effective communication skills and a professional demeanor with customers.
- Performing minor repairs of furniture during unloading process or in the customer's home.
- Conducting inventory of tools, supplies, equipment, repair kits.
- Preparing required documentation; e.g. driver log, delivery receipts, waivers, and comments.
- Marking rejected furniture with tape indicating problem areas.
- Submitting delivery receipts to dispatcher with explanations of returns.
- Projecting a positive company image.
- Valid Driver’s License and a maintained clear and safe driving record;
- Safely drive a 26 foot box delivery truck;
- Navigate through the delivery area;
- Work in an organized and safety conscious manner;
- Work as a team with an enthusiastic attitude;
- Effectively communicate with co-workers, management and customers;
- Lift and move products weighing up to 150 pounds without a lifting device;
- Lift and move products in excess of 150 pounds with an approved lifting device or partner;
- Walking distance may vary between 25-300 feet;
- Knowlege of Dispatch Track is a plus
- Walk, stand, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, use and/or control tools, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear, and see up close, in color, depth and distance vision, as well as the ability to adjust focus.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $13.00 to $16.00 /hour
- commercial driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
Typical Work Day Length:
Delivery Location Type: