bluebird bio, a pioneer in lentiviral vector-based gene therapies and cellular immunotherapies, is seeking a dynamic, versatile scientist to join its growing research team. At bluebird we are committed to using cutting-edge science to make a real difference for patients with serious rare and genetic diseases. Here is an opportunity to be part of our team exploring experimental approaches to better understand non-myeloablative and/or alternative conditioning strategies and engraftment kinetics of genetically modified hematopoietic stem cells post-transplantation.
About the job:
- Design and execute experiments to evaluate novel preparative regimens for hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
- Investigate kinetics of hematopoietic stem cell reconstitution following transplant and methods to expedite recovery using multiple models of transplantation.
- Multiparameter flow cytometry and CyTOF characterization of cell populations pre- and post-conditioning.
- Engage in scientific discussions with academic collaborators to critically evaluate, plan, and steer experiments.
- Prepare technical reports needed to support exploratory project moving into development.
- Exercise independent judgment in development of new methods, techniques and evaluation criteria.
- PhD in biological sciences or related field
- 2+ years post-doctoral experience in HSC biology, HSC transplant, and/or gene therapy applications
- Hands-on expertise in ex vivo human hematopoietic stem cell culture
- Hands-on experience with cloning and preferably antibody design
- Experience with antibody drug conjugates preferred
- Experience with multiple models of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
- Expertise in flow cytometry
- Ability to work in a team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize and balance work from multiple sources
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem-solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to embrace change and multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications skills and ability to influence across multiple functions
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself