The Accounting Assistant - General Cashier is an entry level position where the associate will have to complete the below tasks and responsibilities and also will have the opportunity to learn multiple areas of accounting for growth and development opportunities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Open the Cash Vault in presence of a witness.
- Verify and match cash-dropped envelope, count of actual cash dropped. Any discrepancy noted between the cash drop log and cash drop envelope must be brought to the attention of a leader present or call the Assistant Director of Finance of Accounting Supervisor to verify the drop.
- Prepare cash and checks for deposit and complete daily cash reports.
- Prepare Overage/Shortage report on daily basis.
- Distribute Cash Drop tracking sheet.
- Audit General Cashier safe vault and house banks.
- Verify Petty Cash Vouchers, Marriott Thank you Dollar Paper, Pep Rally Cash Paper.
- Prepare deposit of cash for change order.
- Maintain at all times adequate supply of Cashier’s Envelope, Deposit Slip, Dunbar Deposit Bag, Dunbar Log Book, Paper Bill and Coin Wrapper.
- Match promo checks and void checks form audit pack. Any variance should be brought to the attention of the outlet managers.
- Assist Accounting Leaders with projects to improve the operation of the department and hotel.
- Train in multiple areas of accounting to provide coverage during associate paid time off and vacations.
- Any Other job assigned based on the work schedule and by the Director of Finance or the Assistant Director of Finance
- 2-3 years hotel experience a plus
- 2-3 years experience with Marriott Property Management Systems a plus
- Good computer skills including strong working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of collection laws a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Cash Handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- resort or hotel accounting/audit: 1 year (Preferred)