This position is responsible for working closely with the Restaurant Manager to ensure the restaurant, lounge and room service operates effectively, including adherence to all health regulations. Uses leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profit and ensure quality. Manages assigned staff/departments to ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest satisfaction and positive associate relations.
- Works closely with the Restaurant Manager to lead the staff and ensure all restaurant and all outlets operate efficiently.
- Attends appropriate meetings and communicates effectively with all responsible staff to ensure guest and associate needs are met.
- Accountable for guest satisfaction by ensuring food and beverage service standards are met and guest needs are responded to in a timely manner.
- Resolves guest complaints in courteous and friendly manner, focusing on service recovery when applicable.
- Works side by side with staff to train and model appropriate guest service standards.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and developing associates.
- Evaluates staff performance and coaches to ensure standards are met.
- Motivates team by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing associates.
- Works in conjunction with manager to deliver discipline/corrective action and make termination decisions.
- Responsible for training all associates and ensuring training records are maintained.
- Analyzes quality issues, identifies training needs, and ensures implementation to improve results.
- Utilizes available resources and adheres to Marriott's training policies.
- Ensures all company, brand, and department-specific training requirements are met.
- Accountable for achieving business revenue goals by developing and implementing service programs.
- Responsible for building and maintaining client relationships to drive repeat business/customer referrals.
- Uses expertise to develop and implement changes to restaurant/outlets based on sales and guest comments.
- Responsible for management of expenses to maximize profitability.
- Responsible for effective labor management through proper scheduling, monitoring, and adjusting based on business needs and the departmental budget.
- Follows Marriottprocurement guidelines and applies good business judgment.
- Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines.
- Conducts routine inspections of restaurant/outlets to maintain quality food and beverage standards per Marriott, local, state and federal regulations.
- Ensures a clean and safe work environment, and follows all Marriott’s procedures for guest/associate incidents.
- Responsible for effective self/workload management.
- Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment.
- Attends all daily, weekly and/or monthly department/hotel meetings to ensure proper communication/planning occurs.
- Adheres to all MarriottStandard Operating Procedures.
Competencies/Skills Required: Two+ years of progressive restaurant or food and beverage experience required, with a minimum of one year supervisory/management experience. Must have the ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with associates and guests. Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Education: College degree or equivalent experience required. Serve Safe, TIPS or CARE beverage service certification or the ability to obtain certification is required.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift. Ability to lift, transport, and connect a keg weighing up to 150 pounds on an occasional basis with assistance. Requires ability to work extended hours based on business needs, with physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and moving throughout the shift.
Competencies/Skills Preferred: Prefer 1+ years of supervisory/management experience in a venue of similar brand, volume and reputation for focus on guest satisfaction.
CSM Corporation is an equal opportunity employer who provides employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other area prohibited by applicable laws and regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts