JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Bank, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our clients, associates and/or shareholders.
1. Deliver the Client Experience by providing excellent client service with each client and associate interaction.
2. Primary job responsibility is to actively pursue residential consumer clients, builder construction clients, and mortgage loans. Provide a full range of business banking services to clients with an emphasis on loan and deposit business products, with a goal of earning 100% of the client’s business. Target credit relationship size to be $500,000-$3,000,000.
3. Secondary job responsibly will be to refer consumer, small business, and commercial opportunities outside of target size to other team members.
4. Actively cross sell and refer cash management products to small businesses. Work with other departments in the bank as necessary to provide clients a full array of loan and deposit products.
5. Provide financial advice and counsel to residential construction clients and provide small business and treasury management products, working with other departments within the bank as necessary.
6. Achieve specific individual and departmental quarterly and annual sales and service goals.
7. Work and counsel the client in all aspects of the loan process, from the initial meetings to loan closing. Provide an excellent client experience throughout the entire process.
8. Proactively call on existing and potential clients. Develop and maintain relationships with business partners to maximize sales opportunities and achieve sales standards.
9. Maintain and support credit portfolio in accordance with organizational expectations including but not limited to: collecting financials, fostering future business growth, working past due payments, etc.
10. Establish a referral network & build relationships within an established COI network; conduct market industry research for market trends that impact clients business and spot opportunities to provide financial services.
11. Create pipelines of prospect and calling activity to be reviewed routinely with Manager.
12. Work closely with the Banking Center Managers to assist in growing loans and deposits for market place in a safe and sound manner.
13. Provide service, training and support to banking center staff to assist in meeting sales goals and servicing the client.
14. Work closely with Small Business Manager, Treasury Management and Commercial Relationship Managers to support delivery of a full range of loan and deposit products to large businesses in the market area.
15. Is active in the immediate community, serving on community boards and attending community functions as time permits.
16. Protect all client and bank information, and follow Customer Privacy and Information Policy & Procedure for communication with clients, vendors and associates.
17. Responsible for adherence to bank’s operational compliance and security policies and applicable state and federal laws.
18. Maintain current knowledge and consistent compliance with regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
19. Interact with others (co-workers, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
EDUCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administrations or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Minimum 7 years progressive residential construction banking.
• Minimum 7 years of successful small business, construction, and consumer lending.
• Minimum 7 years banking experience.
• Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Experience in consumer compliance requirements and mortgage lending.
• Minimum 10 years of banking experience.
• Completion of a bank training or formal credit training program.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
• Strong credit background with ability to analyze financial statements, underwrite loans, and prepare loan presentations for approval by credit approval officers.
• Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate issues.
• Ability to think creatively and meet challenges with resourcefulness.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build peer and/or team cohesiveness.
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
• Ability to prioritize competing demands and effectively manage multiple tasks and/or projects.
• Ability to make sounds and timely decisions, to consistent deliver on commitments and assume responsibility for results.
• Strong client service skills with the ability to interact in a professional manner with both internal and external clients.
• Carries one’s self in a professional manner both inside and outside the bank, representing the bank in a professional manner at all times.
• Proficient in MS office applications which include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give an overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
• Office setting with traditional hours.
• Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
• Must be able to travel – estimated at 25% to 50% of the time.
The Bank is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.