We are hiring for all three shifts:
Full time and Part time position available, Part time position must commit to at least two shift per week
AM Shift 6:00AM - 4:00PM
PM Shift 2:00PM-12:00AM
Over Night 9:00PM - 7:00AM
Being a Residential Counselor for the youth at Casa de Amparo is a challenging and rewarding career you are essential to the care and rehabilitation of our youth. As a Residential Counselor, you provide safety, protection, physical care, and social and moral guidance as well as teach life skills and role model for our youth in our Residential Services Program. You also work together with Program Managers and Clinical Staff to ensure that the youth you care for are receiving the best treatment and childhood experience that is right for them.
- COVID-19 Vaccination strongly preferred
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree (in human science field preferred) OR
- Have completed 12 semester units of Child/Human Development, Sociology, Psychology, or related courses AND have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth OR
- Have a valid certificate as an Alcohol Counselor, Drug Counselor or Alcohol and Drug Counselor AND have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth OR
- Have previously been employed as a full time staff or served as a volunteer at a group home, STRTP or substance abuse treatment program for at least one year
- Assure the safety of youth (and their children) in the Residential Services Program.
- Assure youth have adequate clothing and other basic supply needs properly requested and fulfilled.
- Provide care that is informed and respectful of differing cultures and norms that exist within various cultures.
- Carry out daily activities of residents per the daily schedule by means of coordinating with residents and transporting residents when needed; i.e. chores, passes, school attendance, meals, recreation, medical appointments, visits, and court appointments.
- Be an integral part of the resident’s clinical treatment plans and collaborate with clinical staff to provide services consistent with those plans.
- Assist youth in self-administration of their medication and document accurately in accordance with the Residential Services Health Care and Medication Training plan requirements.
- Provide crisis intervention as necessary.
- Record daily progress notes for each resident.
- Attend all required staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned including but not limited to: reporting janitorial and hygiene needs, submitting building maintenance requests, submitting supply requests.
- For more information and to apply through our website please click this link, https://www.casadeamparo.org/about-us/careers/
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.50 - $18.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Overnight shift
- Weekend availability
All employees are required to wear a mask. We disinfect and clean regularly. Social distancing and symptom monitoring is required among staff.
- If no Bachelors degree- Do you have 12 units of a Human Development, Sociology, Psychology, etc. course AND 100 hours volunteering/working with youth?
- Are you interested in full time or part time employment?
- Which shift are you interested in? AM, PM or ON?
Work Location: One location