BrightLeaf continues to grow and expand and we need an intrapreneurial Project Architect that is creative as well as pragmatic. If you're in architecture to build trophies, this role isn't for you. If you're in architecture to bring better design to as many people as possible while understanding there is a balance to be found with design and cost, you're probably off to a good start.
In this role, you'll contribute BrightLeaf’s and every individual projects' success by harnessing Revit to help clients make the most out of their project budget, provide them an amazing experience, and keep their project buildable and on schedule. We’re looking for a high energy individual that not only deeply understands Revit and residential and small multifamily design at a high level but can also successfully manage a client and their project through a very specific process designed to provide a build experience not found elsewhere. No joke and simply put, you have to be a really dynamic person to fit and succeed at this role.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
Key Position Responsibilities
- Work under our in-house Director of Design and licensed Architect to execute schematic and construction level drawings of concept designs using Revit. If you are not proficient at Revit, please do not put your hat in the ring for this position.
- Work with our custom and semi-custom home clients to guide them in refining the conceptual design as needed.
- Coordinate all aspects of outside consultants from truss designers to structural engineers.
- Manage the local permitting process for all projects including coordinating plans, applications and revisions.
- Utilize Revit and its export abilities to assist in the takeoff and project estimating phases.
- Work along with your teammates in construction and interior design to troubleshoot construction details during the design phase in an effort to limit changes and delays during construction.
- Contribute to keep the project on schedule and on budget and properly set up the construction team for success in the field.
- Recruit, interview, negotiate, and build relationships with vendors related to your role.
Required Skills and Credentials
- Bachelors degree in Architecture. You do not have to be a licensed Architect or even interested in licensure, but if you are either of those, that is a bonus
- At least 2 years of residential building drafting experience utilizing Revit.
- Understanding of the backbone of Revit and how to utilize it for things like quantity surveying, estimating, load calculations, and collaborative design
- Strong background in residential construction and understanding of means, materials and methods (yea, we know they taught you in school that you didn't have to worry about means and methods but this is a different kind of company)
- Working knowledge of zoning and building codes
- Tangible experience in project management
- Strong people/personality management skills
- Skill in creating and improving processes
- Familiarity with the latest trends, products, and technology in interior design
- Passion to continue learning the ever-evolving design landscape
- Ability to think creatively, innovatively, and independently
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Culture fit with our organization - embody BrightLeaf’s core values
$60,000-$90,000 annually, DOE
CONTACT TO APPLY