**This position is contingent upon the successful award of the NAVFAC Washington contract**
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This position is to ensure smooth processing of customer orders through product delivery and any returns or exchanges as necessary. This may also include receiving, handling, un/loading, checking, stocking, packing, shipping and delivery of materials.
This job description is not meant to exhaustively encompass all potential job responsibilities that will be expected of an employee, but rather an overview of the main responsibilities associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to permit those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
Education, Experience, and Skill Requirements:
- Delivery to building locations. Facilitates off-site material pick up at area vendors and delivery to customers on base.
- Packages material in accordance with contractual preservation method and label per contract requirements. (May include operations such as bagging and tagging.)
- Maintain a safe environment for the client and its employees.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area/delivery vehicle.
- Places inventoried NSN item into assigned location based on information received from automated handheld or manual system. Places non-inventories into customer-specific holding areas until it can be loaded into containers for shipment.
- Selects inventoried NSN items for selected outbound customer order(s) based on information received from batch reports on the handheld receivers.
- Creates outbound shipping documentation, (Advance Shipping Notice (ASN), Packing List/Slip, Bill of Lading, etc.), along with any carrier shipping documentation [online or hard copy] and secures to outbound freight, including hazardous materials.
- Packages and ship confirms customer orders based on the address book, item requirements and/or contract requirements. Checks for item description accuracy, quantity, and proper outbound paperwork application before staging in the appropriate carrier area.
- Uses appropriate MHE equipment to load outbound freight onto ocean containers/trucks (surface or air) for delivery to customers.
- Performs MHE equipment in accordance with equipment standards checklist.
- Performs weekly cycle count and participates in the year-end physical inventory.
- Works within the department quality guidelines.
any combination of equivalent education and work experience will be considered
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
Minimum Work Experience
One (1) to three (3) years proven success in entry-level roles; roles in an automated distribution warehouse facility preferred.
One (1) to three (3) years merchandising auto-parts preferred.
Minimum Skill Requirements
Reliable and willing to assist wherever needed.
Proven ability to meet deadlines.
Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a driving record and government security clearance background check.
Possess proof of United States citizenship
Ability to efficiently cross-reference merchandise to provide direction on products or provide available substitutions.
Intermediate PC proficiency including Word, Excel and e-mail capabilities.
Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Familiar with all supplies offered and willingly provide assistance to all customers, as well as other interested parties visiting the NAVFAC Washington.
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Excellent customer service skills.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Medium Work - Exerting up to 60 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move product, stock shelves, and maintain inventory. Must be able to move material of varying weight with or without equipment.
This individual in this position will be required to regularly communicate with fellow staff to answer inquiries and perform other job related tasks. Must be able to exchange information clearly and accurately in all situations.
This position requires mobility to multiple storefront locations. Must be able to accept deliveries, process orders, load and unload delivery trucks, stock shelves, and conduct inventory reviews.
This position requires some of the time to be spent in front of a computer screen utilizing a keyboard. Must be able to accurately perceive and identify sensitive tracking information.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
Exposure to an open floor, indoor store front environment; expect regular staff interaction and interruption throughout the workday.
Exposure to the outdoors for delivery purposes. Expect hot or cold environments, and potential inclement weather (depending on season).