Providing telephonic nursing support to patients within scope of client programs. Ability to maintain a high level of customer interaction/service skills while talking with patients via phone; ability to multitask in both PC/Phone related tasks and maintain adherence to approved program materials. Ability to interpret information shared by the patient to determine next steps as the individual case may warrant. Provides a high level of customer service and customer interactions including: telephonic patient support, data collector and nurse educator. Works collaboratively with team members to fulfil needs of the program/patient.
Associate’s Degree and professional nursing license (current and valid) in state of practice
2 – 5 years of clinical experience
Case Management experience
Specific Job Duties:
- Adheres to principles as stipulated by program specific contractual agreements and company practices which may include:
- Patient Support: Make outbound phone calls and receive inbound calls to/from patients who have opted into a patient services program, make additional calls as directed and be available to support these patients by phone at all other times. Receive inbound phone calls from patients, healthcare professionals and consumers and provide a professional resource for inquiries.
- Resource: Answer patient, consumer and healthcare professional questions and suggest appropriate resources patients. Support non-clinical team members as a clinical resource.
- Referral Source: Make appropriate referrals for additional training, support groups, program materials, or literature, and to recommend that the patients contact personal physicians for additional information, directions and care.
- Collect Data: Assemble accurate, timely, clear data and complete summary of follow-up phone calls, patient inquiries, and outcomes
- Educator: Complete patient teaching in relation to the use of products and disease management