Being an Allied Tradespecialist in the United States Army is a great opportunity to get all thetraining you need, as well as job experience for the civilian world! The alliedtrade specialist is primarily responsible for supervising and performing the fabrication,repair and modification of metallic and nonmetallic parts. They operate lathes,drill presses, grinders and other machine shop equipment.
- Fabricate, repair, and modify metallic and nonmetallic parts
- Utilize such machines as engine lathes, utility grinders, power cutoff saws, hydraulic presses, drill presses, oxyacetylene, electric arc, inert gas welding machines and their associated attachments, accessories and tools
Training for an alliedtrade specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training, and 13 weeksof Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Some of the skillsyou’ll learn are:
- Machine types, setup and operation
- Use of different metals
- Safety procedures
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTHSUCCESS (PaYS) Program
The skills you learnwill help prepare you for a career with factories and repair shops in manyindustries, including the electrical product, automotive and heavy machineryindustries.Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment,after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is arecruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendlyemployers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join theirorganization.
Future Civilian Careers
- AT&T, Inc.
- Hewlett- Packard Company
- Kraft Foods Global, Inc
- Sears Holdings Company
- Time Customer Service, Inc.
- Walgreen Co.
- Home Depot
- Paid training
- Salary Pay
- Housing and meal allowance for full-time positions
- 30 days of paid vacation each year, in addition to federal holidays
- 401(K) type savings plan
- Full-coverage medical and dental insurance for Soldiers and immediate family members
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 coverage)
- Education Benefits (GI Bill) - tuition, housing, and book fees for 36 academic months of college
- Tuition Assistance - up to $4500 per year
- Student Loan Repayment - up to $65,000 in college loan repayment
- Signing bonus - up to $40,000 in cash bonuses
In order to meet theminimum qualifications, you must:
- Be under 35 years old
- Be a US Citizen or Hold at least permanent residence (I-551/Greed Card)
- Have a High School Diploma/GED
- Have no major medical issues
- Have no major law violations (Felony level)
If you are interested infinding out more about this position, please apply now and within 24-48 hours,you will receive an email from our recruiting team, directly.
Anthony DeMuse Sr.
Social Media RecruitingTeam
IG @ ssg_demuse (Add me)
FB @ SSG Anthony DeMuse
_As a student, graduate,parent or teacher, take a look at the different opportunities we can offer youor someone you know.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $26,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Are you aware that this job requires enlistment into the United States Army or Army Reserve?