The Walker’s Legacy Events Internship is designed for students who have a demonstrated commitment to and interest in women studies, women in business, and entrepreneurship. This opportunity is available for qualified college/university undergraduate and graduate students who have an interest in becoming future leaders and ambassadors in the growing women in business movement.
Our team is seeking a Communities and Events Intern for FALL and SPRING semester to assist with event planning, operations, programming implementation, and more. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about community engagement, program development, and trends in entrepreneurship and innovation. Interns are an integral part of the team and will be able to perform substantive work.
The Summer internship begins in May until the end of August. This is a paid internship opportunity. Preference given to candidates located in New York City and Washington, DC; but can be a remote role for the right candidate.
This candidate will work directly with the Director of Events as well as the Walker’s Legacy Leadership Team to assist in event planning, operations, programming implementation, and administration. It is essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
Job responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Assist Director of Events and the Walker’s Legacy National Team on event programming
- Help to spearhead the coordination of programs, events, and conferences
- Works with other team members to coordinate the activities of interrelated workgroups
- Aid with data collection for program evaluation and review
- Assist in the coordination of events and programming and its associated correspondence
- Correspond and communicate effectively both internally and externally to complete assignments
- Following up on administrative responsibilities associated with assigned tasks
Availability: 20 hours a week (FALL and Spring)
Compensation: $20 an hour
*Please note that the Walker’s Legacy national team is based in Washington, DC*
Job Type: Internship
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Washington, DC (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Temporarily due to COVID-19