LOLA is seeking a results-driven Director of Data Analytics & Business Intelligence with ecommerce and direct to consumer web experience. We are seeking an experienced leader to head up our small, but critical, analytics function. The Director of Data Analytics & Business Intelligence will play an integral role in helping to establish the larger vision of analytics at LOLA and to be responsible for the accuracy and standardization of reporting across all of the company's functions. This role is critical in providing insights to key stakeholders to assist in the growth of our strategic initiatives. The role requires extensive experience in implementing web analytics tools and developing new methods for internal reporting. Our goal is for the analytics team to inform strategy by standardizing and automating day to day reporting; championing scalability; and providing guidance to the company on what is important to track and analyze.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting, monitoring and analyzing data to help answer key business questions, interpret performance and provide insights. This position will also coordinate, execute and lead the efforts for creating the analytics solution design on all new initiatives; and will work closely with developers to implement and test that design.
The Director of Data Analytics will report into the CFO; and will manage the internal Senior Data Analyst.
What you'll be known for
- Serve as an analytics thought leader across the organization and provide analytical leadership in the development of the company's plans and programs
- Establish KPIs for a growing, multi channel business - especially for business partners in finance, marketing, operations, and digital product
- Employ the latest quantitative and analytical techniques to synthesize all available financial, marketing, sales, operational, social media and promotional data in the development of cutting-edge business insights that enhance the performance of the business and guide future business strategy
- Translate core business strategies and organizational needs into actionable analytics initiatives that include statistical and quantitative analyses and reporting of marketing and/or industry data
- Access, prepare, interpret and analyze data and then present findings to relevant stakeholders and leadership to answer and/or raise business decision-questions
- Manage internal data analyst(s) and coach with empathy and guidance in their career path
- Set the roadmap for the analytics team; triage and prioritize requests across the organization from week to week
- Own the data dictionary and standardization of metrics
- Provide analytics solutions, analysis, insights and recommendations to support business needs, identify opportunities and impact strategic decisions
- Leads the web analytics tag implementation, testing & reporting for onsite features/functionality, online media, marketing landing pages, websites, conversion funnels and mobile applications
- Scope and lead analytics projects of varying sizes
- Write queries (SQL, SAS) to develop analyses and build reports
- Define data-related requirements, requests and concerns for various projects and coordinate tagging and data feed updates
Who you are
- 6+ years' experience in the field of digital analytics, web analytics or business intelligence, preferably in a direct to consumer, startup environment
- Is an expert in identifying and developing data collection strategies to support standard and ad-hoc reporting on key performance indicators that directly measure online campaigns, website and conversion funnel performance
- Expertise in implementing and leveraging Google Analytics
- Is detail-oriented and has a strong technical and working knowledge of omni-channel digital analytics technologies, and a high aptitude toward working with data visualization technologies (dashboards) and data schema(s)
- Demonstrates the expertise to design data and analytics solutions to deliver meaningful customer insights and has experience preparing and producing analytics reports on a weekly, bi-weekly and monthly basis
- Experience with A/B Testing Tools and methodologies
- Passion for data and the technologies used to manage, access and visualize it
- Experience working with databases and ETL concepts (e.g., Oracle, Netezza, MySQL)
- Experience in SQL
- Experience working with BI systems (e.g., Looker, Datorama, Cognos, Business Objects, Tableau)
- Expert in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and with general Web based interfaces
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Why you'll love LOLA
LOLA is the first lifelong brand for a woman's body. Founded and led by women, we're dedicated to providing an ever-expanding portfolio of trusted products and candid information, so you can make deliberate decisions about your reproductive health.
We offer period and sexual wellness products made with premium ingredients like 100% organic cotton. Subscribe to get LOLA delivered on your schedule or choose products à la carte. We make it easy to customize your assortment of tampons and pads, too, because you know your body best.
In 2015, we launched LOLA Gives Back, as part of our ongoing commitment to raise awareness about menstrual inequality. With help from our nonprofit distribution partners, we've since donated over 1 million period products to low-income, underserved women across the U.S.