Master Electronics has an exciting career opportunity for a Human Resources Coordinator that will report to the Recruiting Manager in Phoenix, AZ. Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Master Electronics is a leading authorized distributor of electronic components dedicated to stocking breadth of part numbers. Founded in 1967, Master Electronics has been supplying top quality components for industrial, military, medical, aerospace and consumer applications. Master is franchised for over 250 suppliers and stocks over 350,000 unique parts, including world-class brands such as ebm-papst, Honeywell, ITT Cannon, Omron Electronics, Panasonic, and TE Connectivity.
We’re seeking a candidate who is excited about the opportunity to make a difference as the company evolves. As such, this position is ideal for an individual who has will have a broad knowledge of human resources and is motivated to provide excellent customer service and support in a challenging environment, but where he/she can witness the positive results of his/her seeing his/her efforts.
- Partners with other human resource team members primarily in the talent management, recruitment, and employee relations areas by administering and improving, as applicable, compliance, consistency, and employee comprehension of HR policies and programs in these areas
- Exhibits sound judgment and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential situations and information; helps to maintain a positive workplace culture
- Leads applicant tracking and onboarding processes; confirms completion of background checks and E-Verify processes; confirms orientation with candidates and schedules orientations (first-day readiness); facilitates new hire paperwork completion and indoctrination compliance
- Drives pay and job satisfaction by ensuring job offers are made properly and that all relevant employee data is coded correctly in the HRMS
- Manages the web-based internal job posting/employee referral sites and the internal job posting boards
- Maintain records of personnel-related data (e.g., new hire forms, I-9 documents, etc.) and ensures all regulatory requirements are met
- Provides exceptional customer service, over the phone and in person, with our customers and internal departments
- Responds to e-mail inquiries and resolves routine issues and related inquiries
- Makes photocopies, faxes documents and performs other clerical functions
- Maintains a functional understanding of federal and state HR related regulations and compliance procedures such as FLSA, OSHA, Vets 100, EEO-1, Affirmative Action Plans, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 4+ years of experience in a Human Resources environment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft (MS) Office (i.e., MS Word, MS Outlook, etc.)
- Must be able to handle sensitive issues with tact and maintain the confidentiality of private information
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment; demonstrate keen attention to detail and task-related accuracy; as well as consistent follow-through skills is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including grammar, punctuation, and basic editing
- Ability to multi-task in an effective, timely and professional manner, where customer satisfaction is the ultimate goal
- Team-oriented operating style with effective interpersonal skills that allow successful business interactions with individuals of all leadership styles, personalities, and career levels (e.g. sales, accounting, logistics, warehouses)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, life, paid time off, matching 401k and an EAP program.
Job Type: Full-time
- working with MS Office: 4 years
- Human Resources: 4 years
- inputting information into a database: 4 years
- High school or equivalent