About the Position
Plain-English Health Care, a division of Plain-English Media, is seeking freelance writers for eHealthcare Strategy & Trends. This is an opportunity to write about — and have your work read by — marketing and strategy leaders at hospitals and health systems across the country, helping them fulfill their missions, serve their communities, and succeed in the marketplace.
About the Publication
eHealthcare Strategy & Trends is an online b-to-b publication targeted to healthcare digital marketing, strategy, and business development professionals at hospitals and health systems, medical practices, and other health care organizations.
Articles focus on the evolving role of digital marketing in support of strategic business priorities of healthcare organizations such as consumer engagement, patient acquisition and retention, and physician referral growth.
Writers are responsible for:
- Writing and delivering assigned stories on deadline; writers are also highly encouraged to pitch their own story ideas for consideration, and identify potential sources.
- Interviewing expert sources — senior professionals employed by the health care organizations and consultants who advise health care organizations
- Securing images, videos, or infographics from sources to enhance stories when appropriate
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Solid background in business journalism, healthcare, and digital marketing
- A flair for grabbing and keeping the reader’s attention
- Ability to clarify complicated technical information into concise, ''plain-English'' prose
- Ability to identify and crystalize the key takeaways of business development case studies
All applicants should submit a detailed cover letter and two recent writing samples. We pay $300 per story; $350 if a video interview with one or more sources is included.
About Plain-English Media, LLC
Launched in 2008, Plain-English Media, LLC, is a profitable, privately held company based in Alameda, CA. PEM currently publishes in the healthcare and real estate verticals. It is run by a team with a track record of launching and growing publications and other information products that serve the needs of business professionals.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Work Location: Remote