Imagine a place where responsibility is shared equally among all employees. Where leaders are approachable, and the open-door policy is the rule. Where employees are tasked to be innovative and work with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Welcome to Manhard Consulting. We see problems as an opportunity for creativity, and we are looking for problem solvers to join our dynamic team. Our firm is organized into small teams to give you a strong sense of accountability and to achieve great results. The dress is business casual, the work environment is pleasant, work hours allow for flexibility, and we have a lot of fun.
This position will support residential, commercial, and industrial project design teams with technical tasks including, but not limited to: conceptual site layout, utility design; roadway design; site grading design; storm drain design; storm water management design; water and sanitary sewer main design; soil erosion and sedimentation control design; floodplain studies; permitting and entitlement support; and construction support.
Accountability and Duties:
Education and/or Experience:
- Prepare conceptual grading analyses and site layout using SiteOps Software
- Designing using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Preparing and computing, but not limited to: due diligence/site analysis reports, engineers opinion of probable costs, utility computations, detention/retention computations, storm water reports, earthwork analysis
- Prepares permit applications for applicable municipal agencies
- Assists with the preparation project specifications
- Assists in production of final construction drawings
- Ensures timesheets are submitted on time
- Mentors and assists with training other Staff Engineers
- Maintains a good relationship with clients
- Works closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects
- Assists with project schedules and responsible for timely completion of projects for self, team members, and subordinates
- Keeps supervisor informed of work load and any changes in project scope or additional services
- Provides an accurate accounting of time spent on projects with descriptions for each time entry on a weekly basis
- Participates in marketing, sales and business development efforts where or when requested by supervisor
Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Engineering-in-Training or Registered Professional Engineer
Valid driver’s license
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and technical written communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Available to work nights and weekends to complete a project as necessary
- Ability to make independent decisions within a general framework
- Ability to supervise the work of other Staff Engineers and Cad Technicians
- Knowledge of industry related software
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Microsoft Office(if applicable)
- Must be fluent in the English language
Normal office environment.
Position subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Manhard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other lawfully protected status. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.